Bowl Selection Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Dec 3, 2023.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Is what it is. Hate the player or hate the game, but play it we must.

Shane had a point about FSU that needs repeating, but before I repeat it, you are glossing over FSU’s schedule in comparison to Bama.

The committee likely looks at FSU as if they were in the SEC. Hell, they do that for any non SEC team going into the playoffs because we have fucking earned that reputation.

Shit, even Texas likely has an SEC loss along the way. We are DEEP this year.

So with that, it is what it is. Teams can cry or get better.

Now to Shane’s point, they looked like a mid tier team. Who cares if their QB got hurt, it’s ummmmmm HUMANS voting on this.

Makes 100% why Bama is in. They beat a dominate defending champ and not on “flukes”.

Remember pre SEC dominance when Auburn got left out? Yea they fussed, but the SEC got better.

Now Texas and OU are coming in. Get ready, half the playoffs could be SEC + and I won’t give a flying fuck. We earned it.

Also, it’s $$ guys. It’s not like they haven’t had over a decade to beat us.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

All good points, @LSUpride123. Now here's why FSU really got passed over. Its the TCU Effect. TCU got smoked by UGA last year and killed the viewer ratings for the title game. The advertisers don't want that to happen again. ESPN is in charge of college football.

furduknfish and LSUpride123 like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

At the end of the day there are big players that want their check.

Sometimes a team is so good they force themselves in though.

And usually anything that makes big money is something we want to see. Like everyone wants to see Bama lose.

mctiger likes this.
  4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I totally agree with that, but I also don’t want a cheating Jim Harbaugh Michigan team to win either. That’s why I’m all in on Washington. I will reluctantly pull for Texas if they advance.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#truthbombs

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Yes. ESPN and Nick Saban.