BOYCOTT THE CHICKS

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Latide97, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

Was everyone else as disturbed as I was about their comments. Even liberals have to be a little embarrased about how they acted. First they dis Toby Keith about the Angry American song!!! Now this. They say their embarrased to be from the same state as our president, well I am embarrased to be from the same country as them. I was a HUGE fan, but I can't hardly look at them anymore. Don't they realize that most of the country music fans are big supporters of President Bush?! Seems like a pretty stupid move to me. Natalie Maines said she just got "caught up" in the ANTI-AMERICAN mood of the people in London. WOW how unpatriotic can you get. They definitely get put in the PATRIOTICALLY CHALLENGED group!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a "LONG TIME GONE" before I buy another cd of theirs.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA:(

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Well, I disagree with their political views but I still like their music. I don't look to Natalie Maines and the Dixie Chicks for political guidance. I could care less what they think about politics, I like their music and will listen to it as long as they don't say something really psycho like child molesters are wonderful people or something. They choose to be ashamed of Bush, fine with me. I think they are stupid, but that's their prerogative. I'm ashamed Edwin Edwards is from Louisiana, but I think I'm in the right on that.

Meantime, Bush and Blair just laid down the gauntlet at the Azores summit. Big doings going down in the next few days. This week will make or break the U.N. Are they finally going to enforce the resolutions, or will they go the way of the League of Nations? We shall see, we shall see.

3. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ted Nugent: American Hero!

Dixie Sluts: Idiots with musical talent.

LATide is right. They should pick their battles more wisely. Country fans are largely conservative patriotic americans. If they like you, you're a star for life. If you piss em off your screwed. I suggest they look for some crossover tunes because country fans will not forget their disrespect of our president and our country. Like "Earl", they're dead!

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

I hate them fat bitches!

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The tide, she's turning, Yeah.

7. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

What a bunch of idiots. I hope they were about to hang up their bangos, becasue if not they are about to be forced to. They should stay in London, they will be booed off every stage they step on in the U.S.

As a country music fan and former Dixie Chicks fan I can not understand how you can be so stupid to insult the vast majority of your fanbase. If they were in any other genre of music it would be different. IDIOTS.

8. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Obviously....

They are more intelligent than their potential fan base......

Damn free speech....

9. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Apology from Natalie Maines

Apology from Natalie Maines

As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my remark was disrespectful. I now realize that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect.

I hope everyone understands, I'm just a young girl who grew up in Texas. As far back as I can remember, I heard people say they were ashamed of President Clinton. I saw bumper stickers calling him everything from a pothead to a murderer. I heard people on the radio and tv like Rush Limbaugh, Pat Robertson, Newt Gingrich and Trent Lott bad mouthing the President and ridiculing his wife and daughter at every opportunity.

I heard LOTS of people disrespecting the President. So I guess I just assumed it was acceptable behavior.

But now, thanks to the thousands of angry people who want radio stations to boycott our music because criticizing the President is unpatriotic, I realize it's wrong to have a liberal opinion if you're a country music artist. I guess I should have thought about that before deciding to play music that attracts hypocritical red necks.

I also realize now that I'm supposed to just sing and look cute so our fans won't have anything to upset them while they're cheating on their wives or getting in drunken bar fights or driving around in their pickup trucks shooting highway signs and small animals.

And most important of all, I realize that it's wrong for a celebrity to voice a political opinion, unless they're Charlie Daniels, Clint Black, Merle Haggard, Barbara Mandrell, Loretta Lynn, Ricky Skaggs, Travis Tritt, Hank Williams Jr, Billy Ray Cyrus, Crystal Gayle, Reba McEntire, Lorrie Morgan, Mike Oldfield, Ted Nugent, Wayne Newton, Dick Clark, Jay Leno, Drew Carey, Dixie Carter, Victoria Jackson, Melissa Gilbert, Charleton Heston, Tony Danza, Robert Stack, Fred Thompson, Ben Stein, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Bo Derek, Rick Schroeder, George Will, Pat Buchanan, Bill O'Reilly, Joe Rogan, Delta Burke, Robert Conrad or Jesse Ventura.

God Bless America,
    Natalie

10. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

Biggles, they can say whatever they want. I could really careless what their political views are. I just wish they would keep it to themselves, but they have a right not to. It was just stupid to say something that would anger their fans.