Boycott the Fiesta!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by houtiger, Dec 11, 2004.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I have no interest in this game, at all. It symbolizes everything that is wrong with the BCS. I doubt many folks will be interested, but more should not watch it, so we can force the BCS to come up with a system that produces games people want to watch.

Poor Utah. They have no credibility because we don't think they played top flight competition, they go to a bowl and have the opportunity to prove to the world they deserve their ranking, and the BCS cheats them out of that opportunity by decree, through some "formula", that they have to play Pitt, who also has no credibility because of their 3 losses and their schedule. Absurd!!!! How about Utah / Cal.? I'd watch that game.

The only thing that will force the BCS to change is to hit them in the pocket book. So, lets hit em!

What say you?

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think all this would do is leave out teams like poor Utah next time.
    I don't think this will work, you have to remember the NCAA when it comes to football
    are still in the dark ages.

3. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

It's the fans that are being kept in the dark ages, the BCS and NCAA are making plenty of light ages money!

4. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

Utah- Pitt. OK, I will boycott it. I have no desire to see it anyway.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Kinda OT for this thread, but who would give AU the better game - Utah or VT? Since they're both undefeated, I would've preferred to see Utah in the Sugar and VT in the Fiesta. That might give us a better measure of how good Utah is. Then again, VT has come around since the first of the year and might give AU the better game.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pitt shouldn't even be in a BCS bowl except for the fact the the Big Least still has an automatic bid even after V Tech and Miami left. I would much rather see Utah playing Texas, California or Auburn.

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

BCS Bowls should be:

Orange: Auburn v OU
    Rose: USC v Iowa (Michigan should be able to lose their way into a BCS bowl)
    Sugar: Texas v VaTech
    Fiesta: Cal v. Utah

I think these would be great game, worth watching what do you think ?

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Salute!

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think the BCS did the right thing in giving them a couple of years to build back up again, it really wasn't their fault that 3 teams decided to join the ACC. I am sure they will monitor the situation closely over the next couple oif years to see if they deserve to keep that automatic spot.

Also, we need to thank our lucky stars that the SEC has a CG as LSU looked almost as underserving as Pitt does with our 8-3 record in 2001 and not being ranked in the BCS top 15 before the SEC CG.

10. Pittsburgh being in the Fiesta does cheapen it quite a bit, there are so many other better matchups that were possible.