(BR Advocate 03/15) Ty Thomas "Goes Full Speed" in Tues. Practice

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Mar 15, 2006.

1. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

Its different if it is behind closed doors. He made this public, where all his players can read it. Not good for young kids.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

reading your posts isnt good for kids either...or anyone for that matter.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Coach K: I have tremendous confidence in Josh Mcroberts, but everyone knows that we're at our best when Shelden Williams is out there playing well.

LSUGolfer: Great coach! Excellent point!

Brady: I have tremendous confidence in Darnell Lazare and Magnum Rolle, but everyone knows that we're at our best when Tyrus Thomas is out there playing well.

LSUGolfer: I hate that mother****er!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

4. LSUGOLFER

Coach K never said that. How do I know that? McRoberts is a starter. Good job trying. Takes heart.

5. LSUGOLFER

So blind, if you are a teenager and you have been starting the last couple of games and averaged close to 12 ppg and your coach says "I have all the confidence in the world in blind, but we are much better team with _____. You wouldn't even be a little discouraged?

6. TigerTime

TigerTime Founding Member

No. The reality is that we are all not created equal in everything. By the time you are 18 years old, you should be able to recognize that and cope. If you cannot, then you probably have some serious self-esteem issues that you need to address in some fashion.

I understand your point, and if we were talking about say Little League baseball, you would have a point. But the reality is that college sports are big business.

7. LSUGOLFER

Thanks blind, but the fact is 18 is still a "kids" age. I have actually spoken with a guy who played with Darnell and he stated Darnell will not be pleased with the comment.

8. TigerTime

TigerTime Founding Member

For the record, I'm not the blind poster.

It's all in how you handle yourself. You could look at a comment like that and say "woe is me, I suck", or you could use it as motivation, even if you are upset by the remark. If Darnell is not pleased with the remark, then let him prove Brady wrong. He is still going to have playing time. I guess that is just one thing that separates the winners from the losers.

9. LSUGOLFER

I know your not blind, that was sarcasm to you. As far the seperates winners from losers, maybe so, but it also seperates good coaches from bad.

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Then Darnell needs to grow up. These kids come in as high school stars. They start practicing. They get graded. Starters get picked. Kids are constantly told what they need to work on to get better. Sometimes it's not so easy to see why someone else is starting... and sometimes it's a no brainer. In this case, it's the latter.
    As long as Brady has been fair in his appraisals of practice and game interactions, then this would be nothing new to any player. It goes on in every sport, except, OBVIOUSLY, golf.