Bracketology/Nitty Gritty

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, Feb 28, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

ESPN has the good guys (coached by the brown suit) as a seventh seed. Also in that tier are Texas Tech and Florida. Obviously, the message is LSU's stock is rising f-a-s-t. As goofy is this may sound coming from me, does anyone think this team can roll the next four and end up playing Kentucky in the SEC Championship game? If they beat Ole Miss, I think it's clear sailing...IF they beat Ole Miss.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Unfortunately we need Alabama to lose another one to have the possibility of getting a #1 seed in the SEC West. We will need that to reach the championship game without facing UK, or else we'll end up facing UK in the semifinals assuming we even get that far.

While we are indeed tied in terms of our SEC record (10-4) our SEC West record is 7-2 while Alabama is 7-1. Their remaining games are at AuBarn and at StarkVegas. The next tiebreaker apart from head-to-head record is our divisional record.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

mcmike, you an insider? have any additional info nonsuscribers cant get?

sure we can go on a role, but i wouldnt bet on it. and, quite honestly, a loss at the right time may not be bad.

it would be great if we get to face UK. the only way it hurts us is if they kill us, but i think it would be a good game.

a 5 or 6 would be a big step up because we wouldnt have to play a 1 or 2 seed til 3rd round. really, really, really want to stay away from #1s this year

4. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

I think it is very possible we continue this roll we are on. I want another shot at Kentucky very bad. I think this time around it will actually be a game.

5. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Yeah, ESPN's my home page, too.

6. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

True, very true. However, I am confident MSMoo will beat Alabama. The can'o'whoop Bama opened on them in January set the stage for this State season. Payback is very much a part of this picture. State is just waiting...