Bradie James

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Apr 30, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I found this article summarizing a recent press conference held by Bill Parcells. Looks like he is impressed with Bradie:

Parcells said second-year linebacker Bradie James ``might be
    the most improved guy we have this offseason, certainly one of the
    top five.''
    ``When he came here, he couldn't lift Kleenex,'' Parcells said.
    ``Now he's one of the strongest guys we've got.''

2. lmb20988

lmb20988 Founding Member

A kleenex? Those are some pretty strong words... Oh well, atleast Bradie knows how to play the game and get it done. Go James and Petereman.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I can't remember...was Bradie drafted by Parcells or Campo?

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Parcels. He had some good things to say about him last year.

5. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

That quote is really a slap in the face to LSU's Stregnth & Conditioning program. TM S&C program is one of the best in the country so BJ must not have utilized it as much as he could have.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I'm not sure if its a slap in the face...more just an indication of the extra amount of strength that is required for the NFL...Most rookie LB's and defensive players don't make a spash as rookies because while they were strong in College, they aren't in the NFL....

7. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Also, Parcels loves you use negative reinforcement as motivation and prefers big LBs over fast ones. He has had to get used to Dallas's LBs.

Last year during the season he said something to the media like Roy Williams was a biscuit from being a linebacker because of his weight, and he was not implying that his weight was because he was rock solid. But you know he has got to love Roy. I think Parcels wants to see if Bradie can replace Dexter Coakley either this year or next and try to get rid of Dexter's contract.

8. rookie

rookie Founding Member

The Dexter Coakley contract was one another in the long line of rediculous moves by Jerry Jones attempting to make up for an earlier bad decision. After allowing Randall Godfrey to get away by not paying him big money, he was catching a ton of criticism from fans and media for letting him go and his absence was very noticeable during the 2000 season. When Coakley became a free agent after 2000, JJ basically overpaid DC to silence his critics. I don't know his contract numbers but I would be suprised if DC is on the roster opening game if Bradie comes on strong enough and Parcells thinks he is ready so they can clear some cap room.

9. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I am sure that Bradie James is stronger then Dat When.

10. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

don't get in a huff over the kleenex thing, that is just Bill Parcells way of communicating with the media and trying to hype up players. it is sooooo absurd at times that they run a special segment during the season called Tuna Talk on one of the news stations with his stupid sayings.

both he and Jerry Jones really likes James last year, said he was their best pick besides Terrance Newman. I think James will get more PT this year.