Brady, and a long term deal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Feb 26, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

NCAA rules require a maximum of 5 players per team on the floor at one time. Brady's problem was that he recruited too much talent and no one wanted to be a role player.

http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050226/SPORTS/502260335/1006

2. clair

clair Rockets

It couldn't have all been playing time issues!

I mean Shawnshon Johnson quit the team andh e was playing:

Oh well! I'd rather have 7 guys who want to play, than 10 guys who want to coach the team on their own

3. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

23 games below .500 in SEC play, only 2 plus .500 seasons in SEC play.

We out talented Auburn. Brady deserves credit for benching Minor, but I though Lebo outcoached him. The traps on Bass and collapsing zone forced LSU to try things we're not good at, like running an offense create the open 10-12 jumper. It was good practice for Ole Miss. The Rebs will much tougher and their home court will be much more of a factor. Kudos to those vocal Tiger fans outshouting the Alabama Poly crowd.

4. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Besides that, you are being somewhat kind of negative don’t you think. A 13 and 1 home record speaks for it's self. The stands were packed last game. If CJB goes then you can bet that Bass will go. I look at it as only 8 losses. It's not too early to tell b/c we only have 2 games left. All you Brady bashers need to stfu now!

5. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

Well if you want to call me negative than I guess you can...I don't think I'm negative I just expect positive results all the time. I know LSU can be good. I don't feel that John Brady is the reason for all the success but the players are. Now I'm not a basher on John Brady, I don't care who the coach is I will support him...but John Brady is nothing special. I think the players are more comfortable now and trust each other and they see that they can be successful. I feel that we should all have higher standards. This team should have only lost 4 times. If that was the case I would praise JB.
    :geauxtige

6. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

Do you honestly think I'm a Brady Basher? I have never said FIRE JOHN BRADY EVER in any of my posts. I have never praised the guy either. He is just a coach. Not great...Not bad.

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

maybe he doesn't wear deodorant? :shock:

8. olVENICEdog

No, I guess you like him but you think he has nothing to do w/the success this year, you are mistaken. It took him a while but he brought all of these guys together and had to weed out a bunch. Now these guys are playing good ball and I give ALL the credit to C J B and the players.

9. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

If you read what I wrote, you would have noticed I said I don't think he is the reason for ALL the success. Ofcourse he has some part in it, I just feel it is more of the players not the coach. It is the players that are hustling to make that last second tip in to win the game. It was really great coaching to not have a play set up to win the game... :dis:

10. olVENICEdog

After reading that I change my mind, you are a Brady basher.