Brady, and a long term deal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

if you feel that way...

2. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

Honestly ask yourself this though...was it good coaching to not have any timeouts left or not have a play ready when the game was on the line???

3. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Brady was comfortable with the ball in BB hand for the last posession. He said Alabama would deny Brandon of the ball if the TO was called.

BTW, Brady put in the guy who tipped the ball in & won the CRITICAL game for the TIGER. I though it was brilliant coaching.

4. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Is that your prediction or do you got link of preseason prediction. Dont forget to count games which Tiger supposes to lose.

Your prediction dont count anyway since everyone has his/her opinion.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

You're both right. Yes, top 25 gives us all the things you mentioned.

But also, the NCAA Tourny gives you those as well. And in the tourny, a good showing, reguardless of it you're ranked in the top 25 or not, will go a long way.

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Got back from Auburnt a few hours ago. Fun game to be at for an LSU fan. AU support of the Basketball program is beyond pitiful.
    Anybody going to Oxford?

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

You must have had the best seats in the house. From the looks of it, it was empty.

8. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

there's your ignorance I'm used to - you almost made me think you were going to turn over a new leaf.

9. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

Thats kind of odd. Who coaches the players?

Honestly - it WAS great coaching to not call a TO and have a play set up. Calling a timeout to set up a play gives Alabama the chance to set up a defense, a defense that would have most certainly been predicated on denying Brandon Bass the ball. Brady said he considered a timeout but BB already had the ball. That IS good coaching. Brady had enough confidence in his team to do what they have been coached to do. Brandon Bass did not take any chances, he knew he was the one who should shoot, my guess is this was covered by the coaches. He worked the clock down, took the shot and Neltner crashed the board for the tip-in. If you think these players just did this on their own you would be incorrect. I promise you they were just applying what they have been coached to do. BB & Neltner both. What would you suggest would have worked better? BB isolated with the ball eventually drew the bama defenders to him allowing the lane for neltner to get to the basket.

These players did not get better on their own. they were coached by JB and staff and have responded. To the coaches and players goes all the credit - but JB is the leader and without him this would not have happened. he is responsible for the success because if he were a problem or an obstacle this team would be losing instead of getting better. just my .02

10. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

If you think that any of that was planned, you're mistaken. I guarantee they don't practice Bass handling the ball, 18 feet out, w/3 guys on him and him firing up a last second shot.