Brady, and a long term deal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Feb 26, 2005.

1. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

in that situation I bet they do. They wanted bass to have the ball and they wanted the clock to run down. Bass is the best player - they wanted him to shoot. They had a timeout. If it wasn't going the way they wanted they would have called that timeout. I think I am right on. they are not goiing to have bass with the ball 8ft from the basket trying to let 10 seconds tick down.

2. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

I think you're a casual fan and no nothing of the game. Don't get pissed, I'm not trying to be rude. Just MO

3. turbotiger

OK, then explain to me what should have happened since I "know" nothing.

In particular explain why Brady said he didn't call timeout because Bass already had the ball.

4. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

A timeout should have been called. A guard should have been handling the ball. A play should have been called, w/another in place in case Bama's D defended well. We had 2 timeouts - the last few possessions we had done nothing and we let Bama tie it up (thanks to a prayer off the board).

Hindsight is 20/20 - we won and some say 'that's all that matters' - I agree to an extent and excited to see how far we can go.

5. turbotiger

lets just agree to disagree then. No, I am not a coach, I am a fan although I consider it to be more than casual. I read the coaches explanation as to why there were no TO's called and I agreed. I tell you what though, I won't call you out by saying you know nothing of the game, because different people have different opinions. You and LSU's basketball coach disagree on this one so that remark doesn't bother me.

6. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

:thumb:

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've gotta go with turbotiger on this one. Brady said that he considered a timeout but his best player had the ball and he decided to let it play out. That, my friends, is called coaching instincts. Armchair QBs can dissect and analyze until the cows come home but in the heat of battle, it's the spur of the moment, instinctual decisions that count the most. Brady reacted and made the right decision. Give him credit.

8. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

SF, how did I know you would disagree w/me on this one? :rofl: :rofl:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You knew you were wrong. :grin:

10. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

survey says...X X X