Brady and his Coaching

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Feb 27, 2004.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Tiger Wins, Maryland had the 2nd best recruiting class according to CTSD. LSU'S class has better numbers than Marylands, and the number three class.
    There is not a freshmen on the team with Chris Jackson numbers but Chris came in with great skills and objectively, I couldn't tell that Chris improved during his career. He was outstanding from statrt to finish.
    If you can't see the improvement, it may say more about your observations than what is happening. Remember this same group lost to an athletic club team and Houston early in the season. They came close to beating the number nine rated team yesterday.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Or maybe it's lack of coaching this Top 5 class?

3. TigerWins

I guess Georgia must be great since they beat Kentucky twice this year...

4. TigerWins

Funny how you don't give any facts to support your claim of serious improvements. The stats don't lie.

Maybe you don't want to take your Brady glasses off...

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I totally agree with your post, yesterday was the first time I've
    seen any improvement in this team no matter if they were freshman or Sophmores or juniors or seniors.

Up until then none.......
    Having said that I hope yesterdays team shows up for most of the
    rest of the games

Lazare doesn't get enough playing time until recently, Lazare has
    been positively effective when he did play in the game.
    A positive roll player is all you can ask for in that case.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

So you're saying that scoring 13 against Kentucky is the same as scoring 13 against McNeese State? If a player has the same stats against improved competition, it would be logical to say the player has improved.

And why must improvement always be on the offensive side of the ball? There are two facets of the game, offense and defense, and therefore two places to improve. Regis Kounjia has become one of our best on ball defenders. Darnell Lazarre and Brandon Bass defended two premier SEC forwards, Daniels and Hayes, yesterday when earlier in the season it would be Jaime and Bass guarding them.

7. TigerWins

What was his point production last game, the game before, and the game before that?? And look at his rebounds. These are games Lloreda was hurt or out.

Slice it anyway you want, but Bass has not improved offensively ... he should be scoring more with Lloreda out. And he should be grabbing more rebounds without Lloreda as well.

Keep making excuses...he is not being coached up!

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Thats not the point.

The point is you shouldn't play a game like you did yesterday and
    get blown out by an Auburn or Vanderbilt game.

Do you think this team improved in the Vandy, Auburn games?

Did this team also improve from the 1st time we played Miss st?

Injuries can hurt a team and keep a team from winning some games but in no way should it make a team non-competitive like
    this team was the last 3 games before the Kentucky game.

please, someone try and tell me how consistantly good this team
    has been!:D

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

You might be right, but I'd guess that with Lloreda in, Bass was scoring off of #2 or #3 post defenders. He certainly wasnt the focus of the defense. With Lloreda out, Bass is the focus of the D as was clear in the UK game.

UK is a great TEAM. You have to beat them, they will not give it to you. I think we really needed Hud to step up. He did some good things, and he usually plays tough D, but I think we needed him to attack more. He's the only guy we have that can handle the ball and score by driving.

I think you'd really have to study game tape to determine whether its Bass' fault for not getting into position or guards fault for not getting him the ball. I dont really remember times against UK that he wasnt given the ball if he was open. Brady should have a plan to make it easier to get him the ball next game. We'll see.

10. -T-

-T- Founding Member

SabanFan, I've been a brady basher since 1997. sometimes you just have to sit back and watch peoples opinions change. It's too bad it has taken people this long to join in. I guess all the Brady diehards were right. Now that the tigers have bigtime talent, we have had the chance to see how well brady can coach.

Still terrible on offense, still absolutely zero fan interest in the basketball program, and still players quiting. have to get him out of there. a likely tourny team playing a top 10 team, much less kentucky, should never only draw 10,000. a lot of those empty low and mid level seats are season ticket holders not going. a lot are just holding on until we get a real coach.