Brady asking for raise, or else?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by upsizin, Apr 3, 2006.

1. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

To his credit, he actually has some leverage now...

3. mpadow

mpadow Founding Member

He better try now. He knows he just lucked out with having Big Baby and TT at the same time. We should just take the money he wants for a pay raise and give it to the real person who is responsible for this years success; Collis Temple.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

brady should be making at least 75th percentile among sec coaches.

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

give it to him...i read a article in the shreveport times talking about next year with martin and mason coming in and I am already excited.

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

no offense, but the guy makes $750k a year as it is. He has had one successful season. I say show some consistency in winning in the tourney, say another year, and then we talk bg contract.

7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

John Brady did a really good job this year. I was proud of him for changing a lot of his ways. I'd consider giving him a 100K raise right now. However, I'd tell him this - have a very successful year without anyone quitting or transferring and you'll be entitled to a bigger raise. After all, we should have had at least two more players coming off of the bench and we didn't. One transferred last year and one quit this year. The best teams are usually the deepest teams.

8. ziabarilsu

ziabarilsu Founding Member

exactly.

Getting knocked out in the first round to inferior teams 2 years in a row, and then making a final four run behind some of the greatest athletes in america doesn't mean you get the huge contract.

I personally think brady did a great job recruiting and i salute him for that. However, brady has been underachieving with some of his players for quite some time and one season of success doesn't merit a multi year deal including millions of dollars with bonus clauses and who knows what.

I say give him a 1-3 yr deal upgrading his contract to 1 mil/yr with a bonus clause that includes more money if he gets to the sweet16/final four/national championship (similar to how saban was the highest paid coach in NCAA after winning the sugar bowl in 03).

Gives him a 250K raise, putting him in the higher portion of SEC coaches (you don't get a contract like tubby until you win a championship), with bonuses giving him more money in case he duplicates the success the tigers had this year.

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Why not give it to him and at least get him to the level of the Tenn and Bama coaches -- I would think JB is on par with them in terms of success.

:geauxtige

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Only one? :confused: That's like saying Nick Saban had only one successful season. Three SEC West titles and outright champ this season. He has made the NCAA's several times with a Sweet Sixteen and Final Four for a 6-5 record. Gottfried has 2 SEC West titles and "appearances" in the NCAA's making the Elite Eight...and he makes more. Hell Pearl got a raise after his first season.

Sorry but all you haters will have to quiet down...this guy deserves a bump...