Brady asking for raise, or else?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by upsizin, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

Didn't have a game plan to beat UCLA.

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I don't think he is wanting a huge raise...but if were him I'd leverage for a facilites upgrade also. The remodel of the PMAC is fine but the locker rooms stayed the same...I think an overall look at the money basketball recieves as a whole should be looked into. I'm sure Pokey could benefit also.

This is a short sighted comment too...

The coaching staff didn't miss easy shots or free throws...The game plan was sound...just wasn't followed.

3. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

I agree with you here. If there needs to be money allocated, then it is definitely here. Sink the money into the facilities. This attracts players/students. Basketball may be on the short end of the stick with money and it should be looked into. We don't know that they aren't looking into it. When it all comes down to it, this is something I definitely agree with.

4. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

Was the game plan sound? What exactly was that game plan?

Free throws (on this level) is something that these guys need to be fundamentally sound on. No one expects them to be perfect on this, but better than 50%. How much to they practice free throws.....in practice....in the off season...? Hopefully these guys will shoot 100 free throws a day to better this year's stat for next year. I love watching dunks and blocked shots like everyone else, but I don't think they need practice there......

And what about the outside threat? Practice....Practice....Practice.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A final four appearance and an SEC championship and an overall winning record earns you 7 figures and a long-term contract in the SEC. We have to play with the big boys if we want to walk like one.

There are plenty of schools out there that are desparate for a proven head coach with a record like that and they WILL offer him. And they don't care if he's not a real likable guy or not. Nick wasn't a likable guy either, but he damn sure earned his money.

Brady took the probabtion hit that Dale saddled him with and he has recruited well and improved since he's been here. He's going to get a new 5-year contract for $6-7 million with incentives.

6. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

plain fact is, It was not a poor game plan against UCLA, it was because tigers legs were shot! tigers made a hell of a run with 6 guys. Now with that said who is to blame for tigers only having 6 players? Is it D mitch's fault? noooo...... why does fla. have a bench? They get top players also but they dont leave. same can be said for most good basketball schools. Who has final say on recruiting? (I dont Know, but whoever it is does not deserve a raise!)

7. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

He should be the third highest paid coach in the SEC and I can't stand him. Brady is right by saying that he needs a bigger commitment from the univ beyond his pay.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Danthetigerfan is right in saying we couldn't shoot freethrows because our legs were tired. We were tired, and give credit to UCLA for that.

Brady needs to be one of the higher paid coaches in the league and a serious commitment to the program needs to be made from the administration. Skip may love baseball, but basketball is our number 2 sport, even with Skip's legacy. If Smoke would have continued the success in baseball, I could see more resources going to baseball, but Smoke seems to have disappointed most baseball fans to date. Our basketball team can be a national player, which adds to LSU's national appearance. Great football and basketball teams = great exposure and advertisement for the college. The president, Board, and academia should realize that.