Brady Ball?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roygu, Mar 16, 2003.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Have all the expectations for this years team been met or how far in the tournament must we get before we meet expectations? I haven't seen Purdue play this year, but judging from our performance last year vs Iowa, I believe we should win this game. Texas has one of the best offensive teams in the country but don't seem to play great defense. Maybe our three point shooters will get hot and be enough to edge out Texas.

Just the fact that we are a higher seed than Gonzaga means a lot. LOL et tu tuhoo?

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I beleive we have an excellent shot at beating Purdue. If we play Texas, that will be one tough game. Seeing this team beat Arizona earlier this year gives me a glimmer of hope. It sure is tough to fill out the bracket and actually choose LSU to lose a game. If LSU winning screws over my bracket I can deal with it.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The worst thing in sports is betting against your favorite team.

4. -T-

-T- Founding Member

seems to me that they have met expectations by getting to the ncaa tourney like they were supposed to. hopefully they can exceed expectations now.

by the way...y'all see how much the pre-conference schedule plays into getting into the tourney? bama lost to us , then in the 1st round to vandy and still got in, because of their schedule rank was way higher and rpi is just above us.

5. sugarland tiger

sugarland tiger Freshman

I watch texas play several times this year and if LSU played the way they been playing lately they have a shot at beating texas.

6. Boiler01

Boiler01 Freshman

What!?

You are kidding, right? You are forming a prediction on a 3rd place Big Ten team with a veteran coach who has been in the NCAA's something like 17 times because of a game against n 8th place Big Ten team (last year) with an inexperienced coach? That makes no sense to me.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Have to agree with Boiler01 here roygu. What happened last year against a different team doesn't improve our odds. Using the same analogy we should get whipped just as Wisconsin did to us in 2000.

I don't know a thing about Purdue so can't comment on them......except that Keady(?) is one angry looking coach on the sidelines......or so he has been in the past.

Which Tigers will show up. the ones who have bombed 3's of late or the ones that couldn't hit the ocean 10 games ago?

We shall see

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

We had about six players last year, we played at their arena, and we won. We have a little more depth, we have a much better inside game, Lloreda, and a lot more consistant outside game lately.
    No I am not kidding.
    If the weakeness of your team is the inside game, as posted by another Boilermaker, then Lloreda wil eat them up inside. Just hope he hits above 50% of his free throws. :)

9. Boiler01

Boiler01 Freshman

Ok, so you are saying that your team is completely different from last year and playing a completely different team than the 2002 8th place Hawkeyes..... yep, that's a good measure for this game. Wait a minute... your logic makes even less sense now!

As for our inside game, they have been a strength at times and a weakness at times. I wouldn't call them a weakness. I'd just say that there were a few times when we didn't do a particularly good job of getting the ball to them, and rather relied on the guards to shoot from the outside. If we do that against LSU, we will lose. However, Booker has had some great games, such as when he scored 28 on PSU. If the guards look to get the ball inside to Booker and Kiefer, it opens things up for the guards. Our rebounding margin wasn't particularly good early in the season as all three big men are new to the team this year. By the Big Ten season, we outrebounded our opponents in the most physical league in the country. The big men are not our strength by any means, but I'd hardly call them a weakness. A lot of our opponents think Booker will be one of the best big men in the conference next year after getting his feet wet this year. Anyway, I think this game could go either way depending on which Purdue and LSU teams show up, but I think your logic is completely flawed.

10. -T-

-T- Founding Member

roygu, that's a ridiculously bad comparision even by your standards. i won't even touch that comment.

I've never sen purdue play this year either, so i have no idea how we will do.