Brady Ball?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roygu, Mar 16, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I would never bet against the Tigers, in fact I avoid betting money on them period. I will throw down money on Texas, OU, Florida...etc all day long in football. I don't really know enough about basketball to bet wisely.

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

"T" expected an inciteful post from you. ;) Have you been posing as a Boilermaker.

I did take a look at Purdues schedule and they have some wins over some good teams. As the a Purdue fan pointed out they beat Louisville earlier in the year.
    However they have been very irratic. They played well early in the season and then dropped off toward the end on the season. Just the opposite of LSU.

In addition, T, Coach Brady was disappointed in his offense vs Mississippi State. He assured me he would make another trip to the HS in Crowley and get a refresher.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Me neither, I was just making reference to them screwing up your bracket if they beat Texas. I'm thinking of making two brackets, one using my gold lensed glasses and the other one straight up.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I wouldn't count on too much inside scoring if Brady continues to double team when the ball is thrown in the post. Against Bama we held Erwin Dudley, last year's player of the year in the SEC, to 4 inside points. In the SEC Champs, Mario Austin was only 5-15. Your guys had better be able to find the open man out of a double team for yall to be successful.

5. -T-

-T- Founding Member

like i said, i have no idea what purdue has, but big mean are not much of a problem for lsu. double teams and lloreda's (when he wants to) rebounding and shot blocking control underneath. good guards on the other hand are a major problem.

6. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

ALERT THE MEDIA.. T makes a valid and factual statement. News at 11.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:D :D :D :D

8. Jeffinbama

FROM TODAYS ADVOCATE- Read what the players say about Brady ball. He is tough but fair. Each player says they are better than when they got to school. He also cares about his players. You can see that by the emotions he shows. Bad for LSU T?

Dupree has at times criticized Brady's strategies.

"I have to give Coach Brady a lot of credit, because he takes the time to listen," Dupree said. "We're on the court playing the game. We can see things the coaches can't sometimes.

"All the seniors do that. Some things aren't always coachable. We've been in a lot big games. I mean Collis has been here five years. Torris has started just about every game for four years, and I'm right behind him. There's not much that can rattle us. We have a lot of court savvy."

Much of the savvy comes from Brady. While he'll let seniors argue with him, he also won't hesitate to chew out his oldest and best players as if it was freshmen orientation day.

"He's always gotten on me," Dupree said.

"But he definitely taught me to be a better defender. I've learned defense and to put more detail in my game."

Brady has probably gotten on Temple the most.

"His extreme intensity is what I'll remember," Temple said. "That's how he has made me better and more stronger. My tolerance level has gotten a lot higher because he'll get on you now."

People who just see Brady coaching or being interviewed don't know him, said Brian Green, another senior who plays little but observes a lot.

"I think Coach Brady has shown a lot more emotion this year," Green said.

"He's definitely let us know he cares about all of us. There's another side to him when there's no game. He's tough on us, but he's gotten us to this point."

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah, but, Tim Floyd coached the Bulls! The NBA, man!! Where DOES he live anyway? -T- and TuWho have been exposed. They had an anti-Brady agenda and could not have cared less whether he could coach or not. Suck it up guys. You know you were wrong, we know you were wrong, and you know we know you were wrong (with apologies to Jack Nicklaus)!

10. Jeffinbama

you are right Saban Fan. Next on the agenda will be Tommy Lasorda replacing Smoke. Or maybe Jimmy Johnson replacing Nick Saban. I guess when Pat Harris doesn't win a national championship, T will be after him too. That is how credible these guys are in how they set their agenda to get rid of coaches. Their agenda is to run off good quality coaches.

REMEMBER... "John Brady is bad for LSU" ( quote by T posted ad nauseum on this board)