Brady Balled

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dsloane, Jul 9, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

martin...I didn't say it was wrong...I said would you exclaim righteous indignation towards authorities even though you KNEW there was a chance that what you were doing would be viewed as wrong in the majority's eyes?

Drug dealing is wrong-according to the infamous RULE OF LAW you love to say doesn't apply to you-so according to the majority, dealing those drugs out of your home would be considered breaking the law. Allowing this lawbreaker to break said law in your home is also considered breaking the law, known as aiding and abetting...

Knowing that-regardless of your personal opinions-the surrounding community which has the ability to not only apply the community norms, laws, and mores, but actually inflict tangible, unambiguous punishment on you for said law breaking on both you and the drug dealer's part, would you bitch them out for it and rail against them and tell them that you don't care what's wrong or right, you think it's right, so their rules don't apply to you?

If so, then perhaps we need to check John Brady for aethism...Because you and he think alike, and to ignore the wishes of the community in which you reside as a mere privilege (they can inflict punishment up to and including removing you from their community very easily. It's called incarceration) can be quickly revoked.

His revocation-in this case-would be removal from his place of employment.

To ensure your continued participation of the community, would you refuse this dealer admittance to your home, or at least admit that you were sorry for allowing to happen what you thought was right but the community deems as wrong, though you believe his right to make money and carry on business is of no means of yours to judge?

Please...enlighten me...

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

not gonna happen, i just wanted you to agree that we could hate john brady together if he didnt do something this year. anything else you have for me can be taken to free speech alley.

3. TigerEducated

I don't feel like cutting and pasting...so do your best Democratic-esque spin job on how what you say is not what you say, depending on what your definition of the word is is....

Just respond to it over there...if you can...I'm sure you will by deflecting the main point, or spinning off on a tangent based on one aspect of the situation...but the bottom line is that this guy tore down tradition and lowered the prestige of the program by not only bringing in these absolute THUGS into the program in no one else's name other than WINNING at all costs, but he did it knowingly, and then stood by them and made them jump through "imaginary" hoops set up to make him look like he was punishing them.

We've got at least one arrest, two counts of assault, one broken jaw (and more money lost because of that jaw than most LSU Basketball followers will ever know...Just do a little digging into who Paul Wolfert's dad was, and how much $ he was about to donate to LSU...That jaw and Jaime's behavior, as well as Brady's support and covering up for it, cost LSU SERIOUS JACK...and I do mean serious), one beaten woman, and SERIOUS amounts of damage to the history and tradition of this program.

I don't want woman beaters, thugs, or punks representing LSU basketball, or any sports program at LSU. That's why I can't stand Lamont Roland...Or Charles Smith-former All-SEC linebacker-, or a laundry list of other former LSU standouts who were true thugs and embarassed the program.

I'm sorry you're cool with putting up with it...Just respond over on the Alley. I'm sure you're able to wiggle from the argument from one board to the next...

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

TE, I don't want to get into a big thing here because I do not want "thugs" representing our university either. But, Brady is judged by WINS and if he wants to keep his job, he has to win. I just feel he needs to be cut a little slack because when he recruited the miscreants you refer to, he was hampered by the restrictions that probation had imposed.

Did any one see the penalties imposed on Villanova for something like 136 violations?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/ncaa/07/08/villanova.probation.ap/

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

3 issues you bring up in your attempts to bait me:

1. my thoughts on religion: i will only discuss on free speech alley. take it there if you must.

2. my thoughts on whether drugs should be legal and how wrong it is to associate with drug dealers: again, a topic for free speech alley i would be happy to discuss there if you ask me there.

3. john brady, who you do not like, but i do, and thats the end of it.

6. TigerEducated

I didn't bait you with the drug thing...I attempeted to use a metaphor...If I hit a sore subject, its through no fault of my own, but your refusal to logically discuss the situation...The example was perfectly germane, and no, I wasn't comparing Brady to a drug dealer, just trying to set up how asinine his behavior is in lieu of his obvious mistakes to everyone but him.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

not sure how many times i have to say i would be happy discuss drug and religion related issues on free speech alley.

as for this thread, all i am saying is i like brady. the things you do not like about him, i do not mind. there is nothing to argue. i like him, you do not. you complain about things he does, and i either dont believe you or do not care. i like him.

8. TigerEducated

What don't you believe about him? What have I lied about?

You don't believe in the Bible, but now you don't believe in police reports, medical records, and VERIFIED facts regarding assault convictions, too?

Give me a break...You need to stay over on the Alley, because at least you seem a little less idiotic over there...But, when you apply your Mr. Magoo pie in the sky I should and the community should judge no one when it comes to sports, you run LSU into the ground...and I thank my lucky stars that dolts like you don't populate the Athletic Department (Brady aside)...

Finally...in the famous words of local radio host Ed Buggs...

"If you're living your life like there isn't a God, you better hope you're right..."

Good day, martin...

P.S.-->This will be the 2nd time I've asked you to respond on the Alley to this situation...I can't wait to see you-once again-dodge by saying, "I'll be happy to discuss my delusional views on the lack of validity of organized religion and the fact I don't find drug use, abuse and drug dealing to be a problem, and how those simple little examples someone used in a sports reference to better define his dislike for a sports coach can be warped into how I won't discuss the actual point of the post."

Go hide behind the Alley...BTW-Please answer the question on the Alley...and don't respond with , "I'll be happy to answer this on the Alley." FOR THE THIRD TIME!

LOL

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

pay attention:

making sure you dont miss it :

i did very well on the ACT reading section. if you need help in reading, send me a private message and i can teach you how meanings are attached to words. in that particular sentence the meaning is that you should ask me non-lsu sports related questions you need help with over on free speech alley, not here. contact me if you do not understand.

10. TigerEducated

Well, it's just a shame they didn't teach subtle sarcasm in your ACT prep class...

BTW-I made a 31 in English usage, as well as Reading Comprehension, so don't feel too cheeky about the inferiority complex you probably wish to assume I have. This isn't some debate about mental capacity, it's about you simply answering a question, which you-in a manner most reminiscent of Bill Clinton-fail to do on a spectacularly regular basis when posed with one.

Again, I've stated 4 times now...You know the example and the discussion...I have already asked it, and you're well aware of the wording and phrase...I've told you I'm not going to repeat myself...Answer on the Alley, or do yourself a favor, get the last word, and we'll be done with it...

(This post was edited and added to.)