Brady Bashers... ?????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUSPORTSFREAK, Feb 14, 2004.

1. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

give it a break. Tigers win! :geaux:

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Great win today.

Let's just hope the injuries aren't to bad.

Koundja was limping as the game ended and the trainer went out

1 more thing....

TE can say what he wants about Lloreda.

This guy has some real gutts and is the only player in the SEC
    with a double double every game!

I don't know if he got 1 today though since the injury

I'm going to watch the next 2 SEC games on tv
    Arkansas Vs Ky
    and Auburn vs Missisippi if I can get this one

3. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

Lloreda showed a lot of guts today. had an ankle sprain before the game and two during the game...still came out and played lights out.

dont know if LSU could have won today if he didnt come back that second time.

4. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I hope everyone enjoyed seeing our Fightin Tigers kick some Gator butt today. It took a team with incredible guts and determination to win on what many call one of the toughest venues in college basketball to win at.

I specificly point out TE that the thug that you have portrayed on this board time and time again played his guts out for his university today and turned in a performance that will long be remembered. I also remember very well TE saying we should be playing more ball like Billy Donavan plays. Well sport, LSU basketball kicked his butt today by a better coached and better prepared team. We withstood everything they threw at us including a last second shot.

All you bashers better take your toys and go play in somebody elses yard cause Brady ball is here to stay.

5. Sourdoughman

LSU has beaten Donovan 2 games in a row now!

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

They played a good game today, the first one I've seen this year, they moved on offense, played great D as usual and mad ethe foul shots down the stretch. Hit like 7 of the last 10 shots. Impressive win. Regis needs to quit shooting or start making some once in a while. He must make them in practice or they woudn't let him shoot so much during the game, but I've never seen worse shooting by a tiger in a long time. Bass is the man, he will dominate the SEC in the future. Lloreda is very courageous, had a bad achilles tendon and then 2 ankle sprains, what a performance fromn him. Brady took the lease off of Minor and he played well. Mitchell was on fire the first half and worked hard for his shots. Damn good game, very few turnovers, good passing, good movement, that's good basketball.

7. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

Great win today, things are turning around, but what would you like to see the team improve on?

8. Sourdoughman

freethrows

freethrows

freethrows

and Kundja hitting an outside shot sometimes would be nice!:D

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

My thoughts on the game...

-Unbelievable win. It is so tough to win on the road in this league, much less against a Top 25 opponent, but we got it done. We finally have a huge win that will define our season when the NCAA Selection Committee opens our file at the big meeting in March.

-The free throw shooting is better, but there is still room for improvement. Lloreda has definitely been working on his, he went 8 for 10 this week. But he definitely had me on pins and needles at the end of the game. Bass and Hudson need to work on their foul shooting a lot though. We rank next to last in the league in foul shooting. That is unacceptable.

-We can beat the zone defense, when we shoot above average and play to our strengths. Florida's weakness, zone or man, is low post defense and we hammered it home when we had to. I have noticed it takes us a few possessions to adapt to a new defense when a team switches on us. That's usually not a problem because we play such good defense. But in this game, Florida kept scoring and went up by 10 at one point. If we had not adjusted right then and gotten it close, it could've gotten out of hand, just like what happened against Mississippi State. We cannot continue having the scoring droughts and lost possessions.

-Lloreda showed me a lot today. Toughness, character, persistence, work ethic. This guy is truly special, and he is the heart and soul of this team. Tough as nails. Bass was solid as usual. They are becoming much like Stromile Swift and Jabari Smith, and I would go so far as to say this is the identity of LSU basketball under John Brady; a team that lives by low-post domination, tenacious defense, and is generally out-n-out tough as nails.

-Mitchell was hot. I was glad to see that. Tack Minor played very well too. Hudson was kinda down, but he still contributed. Overall, we have shot the best I have seen all year against a good team. Yet we still suffered dry spells.

-Can anyone tell me why Koundja is still seeing so much playing time? What does he bring to the table? What contribution does he make? He never scores, he's not a low post presence. He was getting open looks for threes in the 1st half and still couldn't hit. Do you know why he was so open? Because Florida knew he is ZERO threat to score. I'm not trying to be mean, but Regis just isn't contributing right now. We need someone in that spot who is at least a threat to score every now and then.

- One of the better Brady coaching jobs I've seen. He outcoached Billy Donovan. No question about it.

- We are lookin' good right now. We are now two games back of Mississippi State and a date with them looms, but we are definitely okay, and three more wins locks up a tourney berth. We are still in contention for the Division title and maybe the conference regular season title.

I might not be able to make it to the Auburn game Wed. night, but I will definitely be at the next home game after that. We need to rally around the team. They are succeeding, and we need to recognize that success. Let's get out and support the team.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

This team is scrappy. They may not be a "razzle dazzle" high flying team, but they sure know how to get the job done with a lot of heart and grit. Congrats to our Tigers!!!:geaux: