Brady Bashers... ?????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUSPORTSFREAK, Feb 14, 2004.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think Koundja is on the floor mostly for his defense and athleticism. He is 6'9" but has a pretty good handle and has long arms that cause problems for the other team's offense. His shooting is pretty scketchy but when he finds his shot he'll be a solid player. He did go 2-3 from 3 point range a game or two ago, so there is some potential.

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I didn't say Regis had no potential, but as difficult a time as we are having with scoring droughts and adjusting to zone, we need another scoring threat on the floor.

After watching several games, my starting five would be this;

C: Jaime Lloreda
    PF: Brandon Bass
    SF: Antonio Hudson
    SG: Tack Minor
    PG Darrel Mitchell

That was the five we had on the floor for most of the game and they did a good job. I'd stay with that line-up. My reserves would be, in this order of priority and participation:

Xavier Whipple
    Regis Koundja
    Ross Neltner
    Darnell Lazare

We can legitimately go with a nine player rotation. We have plenty of depth. Koundja can play defense (Brady's such a defensive minded coach, I have to believe if Regis couldn't play D, he wouldn't be out there) but you have to have a scoring threat. He just isn't one. He would have to be a role player and come off the bench when his skills are needed. He will have to work on his shooting ability to get a starting job back.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU only needs to win the games they are favored in and they are in the tourney. Looks like 10-6 right now, if the games play out as scheduled.

4. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Those two games at Miss. St and Kentucky will be big. I don't think we'll beat Miss. St. They really are good, well-coached and Roberts is a beast. But, Kentucky is the Kentucky teams of past, they can be beat. I like LSU's chances in that game. Lloreda and Bass on the boards can keep LSU in most games, if the outside shots start falling, we could beat both Miss. St. and Kentucky, but with our streaky shooters, I don't see that happening. I see us losing to Miss. St., beating the rest of our schedule. Depending on how well we do in the SEC tourney, I think we have a good shot at a 5 seed. It looks as if the basketball program is starting to turn a corner that they haven't come close to since Stro left.

5. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

"Bass and Hudson need to work on their foul shooting a lot though."

Bass is one of the best free-throw shooters in the SEC...he is definitely our best on the team....although Whipple has a higher %, Bass shoots significantly more FTs

"Looks like 10-6 right now, if the games play out as scheduled."

That means LSU will go 3-3 in their final 6 games...u really think that'll happen the way we are playing

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe nobody has refuted your points because you have never stated just exactly what off the court behavior and character issues make you dislike him so much. Yes, Lloreda has exhibited some thug like behavior in the past. Somebody posted an article about how he learned to play BB in the rough and tumble streets of Panama and he learned to dish it out as well as take it. Now is is taking anger management classes and apparently it is doing some good.

7. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

I hope they can make a good run in the Tourny........Win the SEC

8. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

TE,

LOL, WTF are you bitching/talking about?

John Brady is doing an outstanding job as well as the players. 7-3 in the SEC is "a nice change". This team has really represented LSU well this year.

I know you WOULD NOT want to be judged by everything you have done in the past.

I know I've made mistakes in the past but I put those things behind me and try to do the right thing. I think Brady and the Tigers are doing the same.

9. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

You shouldnt be a head coach . What do you do for a living?

LMAO.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Who the hell would?