Brady Bashers... ?????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUSPORTSFREAK, Feb 14, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

This thread has some great points and ideas. Once again, I do not like John Brady, but no sensible person can argue with results - Brady is producing down the stretch and on the road. Now, with that being said, those of you claiming that Brady is here to stay, what are your expectations for Brady and this program this year, this post season and the next 2 years? Please tell me what it is you expect him to accomplish?

2. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

i've already posted this but i'll go ahead and post again

this year since we're young and fresh of probation i expect 1 win in the NCAAs...and all things considering, this is a pretty high goal

next year i want sweet 16 or better

and the year after my goal is for LSU bball to make it to the elite 8 or better....can u imagine this starting 5 if Bass/Davis/Tas don't go to the NBA

Bass
    Big Baby
    Tasmin
    D. Mitch.
    Minor

with Koundjia & Temple coming off the bench

WOW!

3. BB

BB Founding Member

I remember you posting this before and I think it sounds awesome and it's extremely realistic. I just want some more insight into what people are thinking about the program. Hope you are right!

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

While I agree that Regis should maybe

...get a little less playing time, who starts doesn't really matter. I would guess though that Regis must make his shots in practice, I would hate to think he shoots like that all of the time and still gets the green light during a game, he off horribly yesterday.

SG: Tack Minor
    PG Darrel Mitchell

Tack is the point and Mitchell the shooting guard. Tack seems to be learning his role more each game but I think I would keep him coming off the bench too, the pressure of starting might make him try and do too much like he was earlier in the year. just get him a lot of PT.

5. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

My expectations:
    A top 20 program year in and year out,
    Graduation rates that are in the top 8 in the SEC,
    At least one player every 2 years that is an impact player in the NBA,
    Compete for the SEC every year.

Pretty much the expectations that the football program has had for over 50 years or so. Consistancy should be here now we are off probation. I also would expect that when we lose an impact player, we dont sink the next year. I will say that because of the 2/8 rule, and the date of declaring for the NBA draft, it is a very difficult job to keep a program up at the top year in and year out. I will explain the latter 2 topics if anyone wants me to but being a basketball coach in the days of players going straight to the NBA or leaving early is hard to keep a program at a top level year in and year out unless that program is dedicated to basketball such as Duke, Kansas, NC etc. Our program is treated 2nd at best at this university when it comes to fan base and marketing. No one can debate that this is a problem keeping the program in the elite of the NCAA. I have a problem naming a school that year in and year out have top 25 programs in both basketball and football.. Texas and Oklahoma are just 2 that come to mind.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It is hard to have a top 25 team in both of these sports year in and year out. Besides the teams you mentioned the other programs that have done pretty well in both with a down year hear and there have been Florida, Georgia, Purdue, Wisconsin. There have been some others that have come close but have suffered down years in one or the other recently. However, I would say our expectations should be to be in the top twenty or so year in and year out in basketball no matter how the sport seems to be treated. 90% of all the major programs treat basketball as a second tier sport compared to football so i think we should still be able to do well at it with a state as rich in talent as LA is. And maybe we will just get there in the next several years. We'll see. If the program stays on an even keel and we keep wininng as well as win a couple of NCAA games and they promote it properly, we'll get the fans enthused again.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Does that mean you don't vote?

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Will not take to much solace in that we heard the same thing a few weeks back.http://tigerforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13376
    If you were just trying to stir things up a bit, not really an educated way to go about it, by coming on this forum and tearing the Basketball program up the way you have, when the fact is that their are some people out here that spend $$ on traveling in support of the team, regardless of who's coaching (Its LSU). Some, like myself, have to take 150mi one way trip to make a home game. Dont need to hear that repetitive negative trash you spew over here.
    Hey TE, try not to go out of your way to make your posts more abrasive sounding than they already do. Some of us can tell when you really try.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Think a little highly of ourselves do we? I personally don't give a damn what you post. If I disagree I'll say so. If you post something I agree with (which happens on occasion) I'll agree with you. If you are tired of the Brady debate, don't join in. But, it's not the kind of thing that needs to be announced. I'll bet money on this, though: The Florida win on Saturday absolutely pissed you off because you had a novella all ready to post about the sad state of Brady Ball. Sorry the team had to disappoint you, stud.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i second that!