Brady bashers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerlaw, Feb 20, 2004.

?

What should Brady do in the next 5 years to be considered a sucessful b-ball coach?

1. Win the SEC

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. Sweet 16

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Final 4

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. NCAA Championship

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Guzzlingil

Guzzlingil Founding Member

I'd be happy if he just ran an offense......are you telling me that we have 5 more years of Brady....??

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

How many remember how our Football defense went south in
    2002 when Spears and Mauck were injured and James went
    AWOL?
    Did you hold Saban accountable for the defense dropping
    from one of the best in the country to one of the least
    dependable? Where was the demand for accountability for
    not haveing depth on the team? Were Saban and staff
    mediocre coaches. Amazing, they became great again in
    2003 when the team was healthy and the young players
    developed into quality depth.
    As a first year starter, Jack Hunt was labeled as the weak
    link on the team. His second year he was the glue that held
    the defense together. Our only loss was the game that he
    missed.
    Well, we have several first year staters in basketball.

I think if Brady stays at LSU for twenty seven years he can match Browns record and not leave us on probation. ;) He won an SEC Chanpionship in two years. How long did it take Brown to win one. While on probation he beat some of the top programs/coaches in the country. I once doubted I would live to see LSU win a national championship in football. Heck five years ago I didn't think we would ever win and SEC championship in football. I doubt most posters did either.
    I feel confident that LSU will win a championship with Brady before any other SEC school wins one, with the exception of Kentucky.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

There isn't a coach in the country who's success is not tied to his recruiting, hell I'd rather have a great recruiter and a crummy coach than a crummy recruiter and a great coach. A guy may be able to coach kids up but he'll never get his team to be a consistent top 20 team if he doesn't have a lot of very good players coming in constantly. Duke wouldn't be near where they are if they weren't getting 3 top talents every year, same with Arizona, Mich St, Stanford, Kentucky, Maryland, Kansas, etc. All of the top programs not only have coaches who can coach, they have coaches who can recruit. Look at UNC this year, Williams doesn't have all of his players yet and they are an avg. team right now, in a few years he'll get his recruits and they'll be a top 2 or 3 program again.

Brady also needs to manage his program a lot better as other posters have noted many times, we cannot let the talent levels go down so far so that we have no depth and hopefully he can get that going in the right direction. I don't think he will be able to do that but I'll give him his chance for another year or so before I become a true basher. Hopefully he will prove me wrong but I don't like the looks of this next class too much. Davis will have to get in much better shape to run the floor in college hoops and hopefully he will work incredibly hard duiring the summer so that can happen.

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I'll be interested in how the coaching staff teaches these young players some fundamentals prior to next season. I watched Vandy run their break last night. It was beautiful or painful, depending on your point of view, the way they passed the ball down low, then back to the foul line, then under the basket for a layup.
    Brady needs to either teach Bass some power moves around the basket, or hire someone who can, prior to next season. If that isn't done I may have to join the ranks of the cluleless. ;)
    Of course, once Bass becomes a complete player he will be off to the NBA. :)