Brady calling out officials

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, Jan 24, 2004.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Actually says about one official, "it looks like a guy who cant handle his job" Haha!!! Its the truth. We kicked the crap out of ourselves, but officials sucked as well.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

He will probably be disciplined by the SEC for saying that.

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

I like what Kevin Ford said on the broadcast when he was talking about not being able to criticize the officials.

"I'm going to get a job as a referee, then I'll have all the self confidence in the world."

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I see his point. But these guys do get "graded" so to speak. Just not in the public eye. And really, would you want someone telling you(who isn't your boss) telling everyone he saw that you did a horrible job. I mean, yes I am sure they made bad calls, but if Brady goes back and looks in slow motion, he might be surprised at the accuracy of some calls. Point is, I don't think he should do it in view of the public. It's not something he can control, in the words of Saban, he should only worry about what he can control.

5. mgreer1

mgreer1 Founding Member

Brady and Saban are two very different people and Brady just said what everyone else is thinking. Saban has also complained about officiating saying that we get called for more penalties than other SEC schools.

Basketball is a momentum sport. A dunk is two points just like a layup but it energizes the crowd which gets the players going.
    These un-controllable things are affecting the momentum for the opposing team. Not making excuses but what do you tell your players hell of a game but two phatom calls changed the game and you are at the short end of the stick. Now go play like that again and hope the calls go our way. That is not the way games should be decided.

I know we commited 20+ turnovers but they missed 20 threes but the officials decided who won tonight.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Yes, let's blame the officials for the lost!! LOL

Forget the fact that we had all those turnovers...
    Forget the fact that we can't shoot the ball...
    Forget the fact that we have a coach doing a flop on the sidelines...
    Forget the fact that we have 2 morons calling the game on the radio...

Yep, it's time to fire these officials and keep Brady, Hawthorne and Ford around forever!!

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Ditto,

Look at the discipline the football team has and the way they play
    compared to this sloppy basketball team.

Coach Saban would say you have to forget what happened on that last play and play better the next play.

This basketball team reminds me of our football team before Saban got here.

Thier too busy worrying about what happened on that last play
    and they have no discipline.