Brady could learn from this Saban quote

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Mar 16, 2004.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

"The third thing is that there are areas on the team that everyone knows where we lost someone who was a starter." "For example, we need to come out in the spring and hopefully develop a punter just like last year we were hoping to develop a kicker. There's always something. You're team changes dramatically and maybe more dramatically in the future as more and more younger players can go out and leave the program for the draft or whatever it is. There's always going to be somebody that you have to replace and someone that you have to develop and probably somebody that comes in during the fall as a freshman who has an opportunity to contribute as well in some area like this."

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

3. TigerTahoe

TigerTahoe Freshman

Big difference between St. Nick and BooHoo Brady, Saban has a plan, Brady hasn't realized that he needs one....

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Big difference between sports....

Saban is talking about a freshman coming in and doing one specific skill - punting. That would be akin to Brady saying that hopefully they will have one recruit that will have to step into the role of charge taker.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Or maybe one recruit that could at least semi-consistantly hit an outside shot. :geaux: :lsug: :champs: It's like having two life boats lost at sea one with Saban in it the other with Brady. He may be lost and not know where he is going but Saban is paddling in one direction determined to do something to save himself. Brady on the other hand is laying in the bottom of his boat kicking his hands and feet and crying WHY ME!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :dis: :dis:

6. BB

BB Founding Member

And what exactly is Leonardo DiCaprio doing while these two are in lifeboats?

7. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

I think you missed the point. $hit happens. You have to overcome the adversity and move on. No body is gonna be easy on you because your punters young or your star guy is hurt.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

what exactly could brady learn from that quote?

specifically what?

nonsense.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Maybe he means that Saban is saying people come and go you just have to deal with it instead of whinning and crying like Brady. :geaux: :lsug:

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i guess that depends on how you define crying and whining.

if my mother dies, and i say it sucks that she died, am i a whiner?

i listen to the brady interviews, he doesnt sound like a whiner to me. he sounds like a guy admitting it sucks when people get hurt or leave the team, which of course it does. i guess he should just quit doing interviews or lie and say it is his favorite thing when people leave or get hurt.