Brady could learn from this Saban quote

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

It's not fair to compare Brady & Saban. One's the best coach ever in any sport per their boss, Skip Bertman. The other is an average college coach doing his best.

2. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Actually, I really meant to point out that it appears there is a difference between the way Saban prepares for uncertainty and the way Brady does. We often read about Saban trying players at different positions and using many players in order for his team to be ready to face the uncertainties that inevitably come with college football. He prepares his team both mentally and physically to deal with these uncertainties. The college basketball world is even more uncertain than the football world, and a successful coach must be able to see this uncertainty, prepare for it as best he can and deal with it when it does happen. I have not seen this type of preparation and leadership from Brady.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

maybe brady should practice darrell mitchell at center to be prepared and smart like saban.

oh wait, basketball and football are different?

4. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

can we please quit comparing football and basketball

saban sucked at michigan state his first 4 years...very mediocre...who cares? he's good now

we have the talent in place to make Brady a winner...let's quit making comparisons now

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agee we should not compare coaching football to basketball, they aren't comparable. Comparing the men to each other is comparable. Saban does handle all situations much better than Brady. And Saban didn't suck his first 5 seasons at MSU.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Just playing devil's advocate here...

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

whats to learn from Saban's quote? cmon.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I agree with you. There was nothing to learn from Saban trying to find a punter and Brady losing his star player.

I was merely posting that in response to cajdav1 showing that Saban was very mediocre at Michigan St.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

oh i wasnt referring to you, just quoted you for the hell of it.

saban was 34-24 at MSU and 25-22 before his last season.

Not to be Mr. right but when everyone was talking about getting Dennis Erickson. John Cooper and the lot on Dinardos departure I was on record (at least from everyone I spoke to) as to thinking Saban would be a great fit here. I never thought it would happen but we tossed it around in discussions knowing this administration would never think of it.
    My biggest worry was that Saban, whom I followed pretty closely at East Lansing, would win a big conference game then come out flat as hell always costing him. this happened a couple times a yr it seemed no matter what so I always questioned if he could get anyone to the next level. I guess I know now but it sure wasnt clear. His work ethic was always tops and his character cannot be questioned. But his dealing with the media and public was never far off from Brady , thats for sure...difference is he never makes freaking excuses. I can't handle it 24/7 365. just once it would be nice to hear, I #$*(#)$ this game up or whatever....even if it isnt true. ok enough ranting by me.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I know, Tirk and Mike D are the geniuses here.....

I just hope the basketball team doesn't lose by 20 points tonight.
    If they do I wonder what kind of "spin" you guys will put on that!