Brady could learn from this Saban quote

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Mar 16, 2004.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Just to finish my thoughts on this thread and my reason for starting it, I’ll say the following. The Saban quote, especially the last three sentences, shows a mindset regarding the inevitable change in his organization. He understands that change is inevitable and he must do what he can to adapt to those changes. That has nothing to do with football but everything to do with running an organization in which change is the only constant. As I mentioned in my first explanation, successful BASKETBALL coaches understand the environment in which they run their organizations, and they prepare and plan to meet the changes that will inevitably occur. Failure to do so results in a lack of consistency, both in terms of results and in the overall health of the organization.

My opinion – and that is all that this is – is that Brady has failed to understand the inevitable changes in his environment and failed to prepare and adapt to overcome those changes. That is what I believe Brady can learn from Saban’s quote.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol well of course i did, i enjoy it nonetheless.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

A nice set none-the-less. Britney and Geri Haliwell. :D

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I agree that Brady probably could have done more to stop the slide when Jaime went out but he can only do do much. Some players are too valuable to be able to be replaced by a coach's preparation and planning for change.

Remember how the Lakers started last season without Shaq? Even with arguably the best coach in NBA history and the one of the best players (Kobe) in the league, the Lakers couldn't win very many games early in the season.

Remember how LSU finished the 2002 football season without Mauck and James? Even with all of Saban's careful planning LSU needed a hail mary and an interception off of someone's helmet to win games.

Bottom line is, if a team loses it's best player, they will usually be in trouble. Brady could have done more but he didn't.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

he could've called a timeout to slow down the momentum of the game against USC as they made that run and could've drawn up an offensive play to run every once in a while like other basketball coaches do and I would've felt a little better about things...