Brady disinterest in Martellus Bennett major cause of losing football prospect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Feb 1, 2005.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

that sounds like facts.

but that is your opinion. are you a basketball scout?

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

No, but once again, you maintain-undisputed-your title as...

"Dumbest Smart Guy-EVER"

3. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

I posted this on another board, thought I'd add it here...

This is the last thing I'm going to say on the subject, but I have to get this off my chest. How in the hell could Brady drop the ball so badly on this one?

Some say his parents weren't going to let him go out of state, some say he was just taking his trips, etc. I'm fine with that, but his dad publicly stated that he wasn't recruited in basketball. We will never know if the former is true, but why would his dad lie about the latter? I think that if A&M didn't recruit him in basketball then it would give him a good excuse to pick an out of state school, but why would he care about the other way around. Nobody was pressuring him to go to LSU. So there is only one conclusion, Brady screwed up again.

Someone name one negative about recruiting Bennett for basketball. And nobody please bring up that it could have been a drain on resources. Puhlease. A drain on resources? From what? Coaching? Brady's wasted more time on kids that would never come here than on someone who was a real possibility. He wasn't going to take up a scholarship, he would have been "free". Say he comes out after football season and finds out he isn't very good - he then concentrates solely on football - positive! Say he comes out after football and shines on the court, adds some size, some MUCH NEEDED depth, and helps the team - big positive! Say he comes out after football, doesn't play much, sits the bench, and is another body in case players get hurt or quit all the while staying in shape - positive! He would also be a player that Brady would be of little threat to run off. Why? Because of football. So name one freaking negative about recruiting this kid. Someone please.

Whether he was ever going to come here or not is NOT the issue. The issue is that Brady sucks at his job and didn't help HIMSELF, disregarding everything he could have added to the football team. He's an idiot.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

First of all, I am far from being a Brady fan. I have already said that I am not impressed by his record, recruiting, or ability to keep players.

That said, there is probably a lot we don't know. We don't know if Bennett expressed to Miles that playing basketball was really important, or if he didn't really say anything and was waiting for Brady to notice him. We don't know if Coach Miles said anything to Brady about Bennett. We probably don't know a lot of things in regards to this situation.

I do feel confident that if Brady in anyway screwed up our chances with Bennett in a way that could have been prevented, Skip will make note of it. Bennett is gone to the Horns and it is time to really focus on the players (and soon coaches) we will have and get ready for a great season!

All IMHO.

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

From what I read, Bennett wanted to come to LSU to play football. Don't you think his Dad was just looking for an excuse to convince the public he was justified in pressuring his son to stay in Texas.
    I know that Brady is a big Football fan of LSU. He grew up going to Tiger Stadium. I believe one of his neighbors played for LSU and the players Dad would take John to the games with him.
    However, we all know that if something negative is printed on the net it is forever etched in stone.

6. CimarronCajun

CimarronCajun Freshman

Anybody have a link to this story?

7. foreverlsu

foreverlsu Founding Member

I thought the statement said that it was an LSU assistant coach not Brady! Like maybe its Butch Pierre's fault not Brady's!

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I just watched the 10:00 replay on Fox Sports and his dad said had LSU recruited him in basketball he probably would have gone to LSU. Bennett himself said that Brady told him he had never seen him play basketball and Bennett then said how could he go somewhere where the head basketball coach had never even seen him play. Looks like someone dropped the ball on this one, point the finger where you see fit. :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I would absolutely, positively, no-doubt-about-it want him wasting a roster spot so he could play football. Hell, Brady doesn't play anybody lower than 7 or 8 on the depth chart anyway!

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Oh no, let there be no doubt about it, the kid wants to play basketball too.