Brady disinterest in Martellus Bennett major cause of losing football prospect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Feb 1, 2005.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

this is stupid...people will jump on Brady for anything

for Christ's sake, we just got interested in this guy like 3 weeks ago...Brady has already used his alotted amount of scholarships (5)...do you think he has time to go out and find 3-star basketball athletes who are interested in taking a football scholly to walk-on to him for basketball??? do you know how many 3-star bball players there are in the nation? you poeple are crazy

if anything, miles should be blamed for not communicating to brady that one of our potential recruits is interested in playing basketball...yes i know brady has his faults, but he the man is not stupid enough to completely ignore a 3-star recruit he could have as a potential walk-on

c'mon guys get real

2. gzilla

gzilla Founding Member

I agree with you. My point wasn't to excuse Brady. If you look at my first post, I started with "I hate Brady".

However, Miles HAS to be in control of the situation when stands to benefit the most from getting MB. And it's crazy to think that the head football coach should tiptoe around the other coaches in the department. If Miles needed something from Brady, he needed to sit with Brady and make sure it got done.

3. tigerfan25

tigerfan25 Founding Member

Is Josh Maravich on scholarship?

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

We do not know what transpired between Bennet and the coaches. We don't know what Miles or Brady did or didn't say to each other. We don't know a lot of things. IMO, we don't know the whole story. What I do know is Miles has no problem with players also playing other sports. Josh Fields at OSU played FB starting at QB and also was a starter with the Baseball team.

5. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

I don't think Miles "tiptoed" around anybody. There's a big diffrence between "tiptoeing" and respect. Do you really want an athletic program where the fooftball coach can just walk in and say: "This is how its gonna be" at the expense of other sports?

That being said, nobody knows what happened with MB. I believe he just didn't get the "give him what he wants" response he was expecting. Remember: he could always try and walk on if he was really that good.

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Absolutely. I'll take football at the expense of the others. But that's just me! :thumb:

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

All I will say about that is, It's not John Brady's job to recruit with football in mind. His job is to recruit for basketball. I know that there are a lot of die hards who are knocking Brady for this, but I'm sure there is some stuff we don't know. I know Brady's not well liked and that really hurts him in this football town when he doesnt go after a football recruit who also wants to play basketball. I personally dont like multisport athletes in college. There is so much risk involved. This Bennet kid could be dynamite at TE but he goes out and blows his knee out at practice for basketball then Brady would get ripped again.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Or he could catch 20 td passes and average 14pts and 10 rebounds a game for the aggie B ball team. Who knows, but what is known is that the kid was a legitimate football and basketball recruit that went to A&M because our basketball program wasn't interested in him, not blaming anyone just stating the facts.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

There is def no need to knock anyone for that. Anyway, this is just one recruit out of many. I'm sure there are many more that have gotten away and many more will get away. Plus, LSU never throws to the TE. Hopefully that will change with miles b/c there were some open TE's missed last year.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: