Brady disinterest in Martellus Bennett major cause of losing football prospect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Feb 1, 2005.

1. gzilla

gzilla Founding Member

I'm not suggesting that he should have walked in and told Brady how it was going to be. But, he could have and should have walked in and explained that they were making a push for a player that also hopes to play basketball. He should have asked for help and asked Brady to make time for him and to give MB the same recruiting speech he would give to someone he was recruiting for basketball.

The point is, MB was a football recruit. It's Miles' job to recruit him in an effective way to give LSU the best chance to get MB to commit. In this case, apparently that meant getting your basketball coach involved. But, ultimately, Miles is responsible for this deal getting screwed up because it was football that had the most to gain by getting MB.

As much as I hate Brady, I can't imagine that he'd be stupid enough to not help the football coach when asked. This sounds like a lack of communication and that falls on the guy that should have been coordinating the situation...Miles.

2. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

Not to put to fine a point on this, but if it was not for football, there would not be much of an athletic program.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

not as much as guards.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

still doesnt justify basketball recruiting being influenced by football recruiting.

you recruit for basketball talent. you do not recruit football talent.

5. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

why not tell the guy that he will be given every chance to make the basketball team and play basketball and football if he is good enough? I am not saying that I trust nor distrust this guy and his father, but if the story is remotely true then I would have at least given the kid the chance to make the basketball team. But he would have to legitimately make the team, and I would not guarantee him a spot.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Which Brady can't do very well anyway...

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

in spite of his inability to do anything, it looks like a road sec win tonight.

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Against one of the worst teams in the SEC and the Nation.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, 5-2 in the sec is not bad considering the losses were to bama and kentucky.

the way i see it, an sec road win is always something.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Agreed, martin.

No matter what sport, a road SEC win is always a good thing. And a 5-2 record is looking pretty good right now.