Brady disinterest in Martellus Bennett major cause of losing football prospect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Feb 1, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

RPI before tonight:

49 Louisiana St. 11-6

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

won 6 of the last 7. why complain?

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

not complaining... keeping a level head... when we beat Tennessee at UT then I will start seeing visions of "The Dance".

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Let me say this...John Brady's more predictable than an Austrailian aborignine with a boomerang in his hand...

You can throw it as far away from where it starts as you want, but it will come right back to you...LSU doesn't have marathoners for a starting five...They have basketball players...and they don't have anything behind them...

This team will come full circle, and disappoint all those so excited...Rest assured...Past behavior is the best indicator of future activity. They always run out of gas because they have no depth...This season will hold true to form...

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

you arent an optimist are you?

you are predictable too, here is what you will say back to me:

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Actually...I'm an optimistic person by nature...Just not about LSU Basketball...Again, you can't remove yourself from a situation...

I wonder...Are my reactions to you as predictable as your responses to "certain topics" I bring up regarding you and your "beliefs"? If so, then I guess we're on the same wavelength in a roundabout sort of way...

7. friday

friday Founding Member

as much as I hate to say it and hope this team proves me wrong, I just don't see them getting it done with a short bench, esp on the road late in the season.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i will assume you are again referring to my religious views, which for the for the third time, you have brought into a brady thread. grow up man. do me a favor and let it go, or failing that, take it to free speech alley, where i will be happy to discuss anything.

given the more recent information about this case, i think it is a serious stretch to lay any blame whatsoever on brady.

"I don't think basketball had anything to at all to do with Martellus not coming to LSU" - jimbo fisher.

if you want to play football, just play football on scholarship and show up at basketball practice and play your way on to the team. if you are good enough, you shold be able to pull it off.

personally, i think it would be smart just to pick a sport and stick with it.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

hmm, i dunno how much i buy in to the theory that players are dead tired by the end of the season. with 2 or 3 days in between games, and being only around 19 or 20 years old, it doesnt seem like it would be a huge issue. and if it was, it would stand to reason that nba finals would be a tournament of dead-tired zombies. i foresee LSU getting stronger as the season goes on, because of the continuing development af bass and davis who will improve more and widen the gap relative to the big men they face, because they are more talented.

i figure 8 players or would be enough to get the job done. the games (and the season) are shorter than nba games, and the players are younger.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

So everyone bashing Brady in this thread are dead wrong:

LSU basketball assistant coach Butch Pierre said Thursday he spoke to Bennett, a 6-7, 237-pound forward on the Taylor High team, over the weekend after being asked last week by LSU football offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher to help out in the recruitment of Bennett.

"What I told him was I didn't remember seeing him play," Pierre said. "I wasn't going to lie to him. But we told him what we tell all football recruits. They can come out for the team if they want to. I also helped with him getting a visit to LSU."

Fisher said he was very pleased with the help football got in the recruitment of Bennett.

"I don't think basketball had anything to at all to do with Martellus not coming to LSU," Fisher said Thursday. "They spoke to him. The basketball program bent over backwards for him like they've done for other prospects in the past. They went far above and beyond in helping us."

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050204/SPORTS/502040344/1006
    (thanks cadjav1)