Brady, Dupree comments in Sunday Advocate

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by -T-, Feb 2, 2003.

1. -T-

-T- Founding Member

Any of yall catch Brady and Dupree's comments in the paper today?

Dupree tells it like it is as always. "Not at all, I never thought we'd have that record," Dupree said. "There's no excuse. No scholarship limitations. We have a corps group of seniors. We added Jaime (Lloreda). We added good players on the bench. So why are we losing? There's got to be accountability somewhere from every player. It can't be just two or three of us."

Don't expect him to say anything about Brady no matter how bad things get.

Brady blames his seniors. "And all that is is a competitiveness," Brady said. "My teams have never allowed that type of activity (free layups) to happen from the opposing team. And I got some seniors that do it. It's frustrating to me, and frustrating to a couple guys on our team."

Brady will never criticize himself. Players will criticize themselves, but Brady refuses to. Amazing how he thinks nothing is on him, ever. Brady put a lot of blame on Torris, but guards get beat all the time and rely on help side defense. There is none and that can't be put solely on the players. No helpside once or twice, blame the player. No helpside at all, blame the coach.

http://www.theadvocate.com/stories/020203/lsu_misery001.shtml

2. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

Brady was quoted in the Times Picayune on Sunday in another one of his blame the players quotes. He said that Bright and Hudson were the reasons LSU lost to Alabama. That is a paraphrase.

Has he, ever--even once laid blame with his coaching on a loss? Or does he just take the credit when they win.

T, it doesn't matter anymore anyway regarding Brady--he is done at LSU at the end of the season. Its a done deal. I thought the USC game would be the clincher for his career but the information by a number of individuals is otherwise.

A search committee has already been formed and the contacts are in the making. So the process is already well on its way at LSU.

3. -T-

-T- Founding Member

I hope you're right. I'm hoping we put up the money and steal(outbid) a big name coach from a big name school like we did with Saban. Don't forget, Saban's name came out of nowhere when he was hired.

Putting up over a million to get a coach would be well worth it. Big crowds, tv money, and ncaa tournaments would pay that off quick.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

A million bucks for a basketball coach? Is that what they make these days?!?:eek: