BRADY FIRED!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

April Fool Joke

On April 1st, 1985 Villanova beat Georgetown for the NCAA NC in one of the great title games of all time. On the same day Sports Illustrated came out with a story by Frank Deford about Sidd Finch, a pitcher in the Mets training camp who threw the ball 168 mph. Finch had supposedly lived with Tibetan Monks and done all kinds of other mystic things.

I was in a bar to watch the game and I got into some kind of arguement with a friend who fancied himself a big know it all. He was being real pompous about him knowing everything and me not knowing S**T so I told him about Sidd Finch. Of course he said I was full of it but I happened to have the SI issue in my car so I got it and showed it to him. Just as the game was starting he starting reading the very long Sidd Finch story. He was so fascinated by it that he completly forgot to watch the game. He finished reading the story just about the time the game was over. Then I pointed out to him that the first letter in the title of the story spelled out Happy April Fools Day. He got so made that even the hairs on his beard started shaking while me and my buddies laughed our heads off.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I'll tell you what I won't do to them...I wouldn't ever say in a public forum that I'd trade them for the other team's waterboys...No matter what the hell happened.

But, you go right on ahead etching your name into the illustrious and storied history that is the annals of junior high football coaching...I'm sure the fraternity considers you a huge shining light amongst its brightest constellations...

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

How about we just bash him (Brady) after 38% of his games, which is the percentage he lost (11 of 29) last year...

The huge, vast majority of the rest of the time-62%-we could laud him as the next Wizard of Westwood...

4. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

The funny thing is that I called my friend earlier and told him brady aws fired and he was so elated. He mentioned that he had seen it on tigerforums and thought it might of been a joke, but he has excited that it was true. Then I broke it to him gently.

He deserved it for getting me so pissed when he told me 2 days before the 2002 Sugar Bowl that Rohan Davey had broken his arm in practice.

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Sourdough, I think that thin mountain air might be getting to you, ole buddy. Got access to an oxygen tank? Maybe you just oughta start taking deeper breaths, ya reckon? LOL