Brady gets press on COY in the ham

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, Mar 6, 2006.

1. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

He must have been drunk when he met you. The 4 times I might he was an a$$. Not to me but to my workers.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

brady should of started wearing purple blazers and suspenders.....thats gonna be the key in the end for this award.

3. clair

clair Rockets

well after the game, we were walking out, and saw him ending his radio interview and called out "BRADY" and he went out of his way to shake hands with us and thank us...

so I guess John just knows a jackass when he meets one... hence his treatment of you

4. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

IMO, you have to show respect for JB. it was no small task to take over a bb program that was on NCAA probation 3 yrs. ago and have a great season like this with this young team. He may need to brush up on his people skills but it sounds like his coaching skills speak for itself....sorry Golfer...lol

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Gofer has to lay blame and he's incapable of admitting he was wrong. If LSU loses, it's Brady's fault, just like if he can't make the golf team it's the coaches fault. He could never work for me.

6. sassylsufan2002

golfer working for you would be a sight...lets just hope he can give Brady a little respect for a solid year...maybe not perfect, but solid.

7. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

As I've posted before, I agree with this article. I sort of feel there is some "aura" around Pearl this year (that's sort of media bs), but when you really consider the facts, Brady wins this award. I think what's helping John IS Tennessee's luster sort of wearing off, their late season slide. Add on top of that that Pearl inherited a team with experienced players that were McD All Americans, and you wonder what he did other than get his team to play to it's potential.

What worries me a little is when is the voting done? If it's done after the SEC tournament, with a LSU team that's obviously resting for the NCAAs, I'd hate to see Brady lose points for LSU's performance. I've said before that I think this is a time when a school and administration can "lobby", and I think this is a good spot to do it. The regular season should be what this award is given for, and I remember last year arguing that Brady took a team that very few folks thought would finish in the top 3 in the west, and won the west--I argued that COY should be given to the coach who got the most out of his players, when noone expected it. Tubby got the award tho', with a supremely talented team, b/c he won the SEC. Thus, I think it's only fair that Brady get the award this year. When you consider how young the team is, how he's playing through injuries, how's he's finishing strong, player personnel changes, etc., it should be a slam dunk...

:geauxtige :bball: :champs:

8. sassylsufan2002

should be, but like everything else that is political....who knows

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

this award means squat unless its voted on by sec coaches.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Bingo!