Brady gets press on COY in the ham

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Pearl also got an extension through 2012 and a raise to $1.2 million this last week. Our coach has 2 years left on his contract and is making in the $750,000 range.. Time to step it up Skip and get this coach happy before someone smart comes in and gives him money and a good contract.

2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Glad you posted this. I think some "fans" tend to be somewhat oblivious to the economics involved. $1.2 MILLION for a first year coach at Tennessee, who hasn't been to the NCAA tournament in HOW LONG? Last I looked, Brady won the SEC and is like the 5th or 6th highest paid coach. Hmmmm... Skip may have to examine this soon.:)

But, wait, Tennessee has 17K fans showing up to the games... maybe that explains how they can pay their coach more? :lol:

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

unfortunately, the writers dont analyze the awards too much. its just-"who had a great year and great turnaround", in the absence of that its just the coach from one of the top 5 teams.

and when they talk about talent. they dont go back to see how regarded a recruit was, they just look on the floor.

4. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Sorry Pearl ... you just lost COY.

What a slide for the Big Orange!:redface: :angryfire

I'm afraid that orange flack jack just lost his COY award, my friends. Losing to USC today puts another point of emphasis on Pearl's "unbelievable" season. The dude's coming back to earth as teams figure out how to play his squad. :) Who knows if they cared or not, but that's the kind of thing you don't want to do (UCONN or not), lose in your first game.

I will say that perhaps now, our "astute" basketball writers will pay attention. Tennessee loses to bubble/NIT bound USC. LSU destroys bubble/NIT bound Vanderbilt in Nashville.

For what it's worth, I think alot of Brady bashers were probably waiting for "streaky" Brady, who happened to have his team "peaking" perhaps too early this year, to falter. Instead, he's rattled off how many straight SEC games to end the season? :grin:

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. PACK THE PMAC!!