Brady Lands Thomas.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by G_MAN113, Mar 31, 2004.

1. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Yea yea

Yea, stromile was skinny, but he was also
    Louisiana's Mr. Basketball
    Class 5A MVP

Tyrus Thomas didn't do nothing in high school but average 16 points per game.

John Brady let Martin Zeno and Shan Foster get away. These were two of the top 5 players in the state.

Where does Tyrus Thomas and Garrett Temple rank???????

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

SabanFan - there is a fine line between critiquing and insulting Brady...

...or are they one and the same???? :D

(Apologies to Brett)

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That line was erased long ago by a few people here.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

SabanFan's true colors are coming out here, he says he's not supporting Brady but the university so if someone lists a few recruits Brady didn't go
    after for whatever reason its attacking Brady.
    Its just general discussion.

How dare anyone talk about recruits from the state going to other programs.
    How dare anyone question anything at all to do with Brady because SabanFan
    will call you out and say you are Brady Bashing.
    I couldn't help commenting on SabanFan accusing someone of attacking Brady when in fact it was a discussion on recruits.

Carry on SabanFan :D

btw I noticed Brett mentioned recruit bashing, their is nothing here that I have found to be Brady Bashing

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I stand by my post.

6. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Zeno is the kid that signed with Texas Tech??? If so I saw him play against Brother Martin in the Semis. This game was just like the Baylor-Tenn. girls game. Kid from Brother Martin made free throws with no time left to win it. Zeno is a great athelete that can shoot. Who is the Foster kid?

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This was posted on an earlier post but I'll bring it back for you, it was written by another poster here.
    Quote:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------IMO opinion Louisiana had a fairly great basketball recruit season this year. There are four kids who I think are very legitimate in Louisiana this year having watched him all at various games across the state.
    1. Albert Weber out of New Orleans's Higgins High, who signed with Alabama is a kid that we as LSU fans are going to love to hate in the near future. This kid has some serious game and plays very smart and controlled. We definitely could use his talent next year at the point guard position.

2. Shan Foster out of Metairie's Bonnabel High, who signed with Vanderbilt is also one of my favorites this year. He needs to put on about 25 pounds for SEC play and he has not yet finished growing. He is 6'7 now but the reason I really like him is his smarts and ability as a forward to create things. Plus this kid has major heart. Vanderbilt really landed a major prospect with Foster and he will come back to haunt us in the future as well but not as much as Weber.

3. Martin Zeno out of Lake Charles's Sulphur High, who signed with Bobby Knight at Texas Tech is also a super propect this season. He is more of a tweener (cross between a guard and forward) but I was impressed every single time I saw him play. Not signing him was a major mistake.

4. David Gomez out of Baton Rouge's Episcopal, who signed with Tulane, is perhaps the biggest blunder of our recruiting class. How we let this kid sign with Tulane is beyond my wildest imagination. This kid has some serious game and why we didn't recruit him is beyond me. Gomes is a Forward/Center but suited for a Power Forward in the College game. He schooled Davis every time he played him in high school and when I mean schooled this kid took everything from him but his address.

I would have signed anyone of these kids months before signing Temple or Ford
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

great reply to post

Very well said, these are guys Brady should have recruited, no doubt.

Garrett Temple wouldn't even start off at a McNeese or a Southeastern right now. David Gomez and Martin Zeno are to great playres.

Sulphur high head coach said, "I will probably never have another player of Zeno's ability play here".

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I had heard that Gomez's parents said they would never let their son play for Brady. I'm not making this up, just repeating a RUMOR I had heard. Take it for what its worth.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

While Saban has closed the door on La when it comes to top notch players Brady has taken the door off the hinges. Not bashing recruits but we shouldn't be sucking hind tit to Tulane, Vandy, Alabama and Texas Tech in our own state. :geaux: :lsug: :bball: