Brady Lands Thomas.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by G_MAN113, Mar 31, 2004.

1. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Oh yeah you are right Alabama went to the elite eight and has everybody but Pettway back next year. Vandy made it to the Sweet 16. Also both teams lost out to UCONN who many think will win it all. I also heard that Gomez parent's are not Brady backers. I saw Gomez and Zeno both play and Temple is nothing more than a legacy. I feel like we are a sorority!! We need to get the best possible player available. We are the flagship University even if Blanco's crackhead doesn't agree.

2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Are we not even getting the look?

I generally agree with sourdoughman on various recruits that seemingly didn't even get on the LSU radar screen. I have not seen any of these guys play but I know from looking at various rags a few of them were rated fairly high. But I understand that of those mentioned, only Foster was a guy that LSU was considering. I also saw a lot of pub about a guy Matthew Barrow, a 6-4 all state first teamer who could shoot the three that didn't get a schollie in favor of Thomas, a second teamer with lesser numbers.

My question is are we recruiting these guys and they aren't giving us the time of day? Or, are they not on the recruiting board at LSU? I.e., is this a talent evaluation issue at LSU or is it just a plain marketing issue?

I also will note that sometimes I question whether the Brady team really has a realistic and well-thought out recruiting strategy. Specifically, early in the hoops recruiting season, I kept reading about how Brady was targeting kids like Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, and others--I mean BIG Time recruits, and recruits who were just not likely to land at LSU. Did he spend too much time chasing these guys and forget to lock up solid players like Zeno, Gomez, in his backyard? And, as a result, he falls back to kids like Temple and Thomas? So much of college recruiting now is a game--you can't really go after potential NBA first rounders exclusively (so, watch out chasing T.Mitchell?), because they're unlikely to be in school that long. Instead, you really have to land those Top 25-75 guys who you think will be in your college program for 3 or 4 years, who have upside. I'm not sure that LSU really does a good job identifying those kinds of guys, other than G.Davis this year.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Truth be known, I started this thread, so I'm really the only person who knows WHAT it's intent was. My intent was to express disappointment in the LSU staff's inability to land top flight recruits. If you consider that Brady-bashing, then so be it. Personally, I don't.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

You tell 'em, GMAN...

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

How ya doin' over there BAT? :grin: :grin: :grin:

6. bayareatiger

Great sunny day in Cali :cool:

... 72 degrees, not a cloud in the sky...

...habanero (yeowch!) steak fajitas about to be brewed by the bride...

...gettin' caught up on some reports & bantering with all y'all...

...ENJOYED the win over the hicks earlier... :geaux:

All in all not bad... :)

How 'bout chu? :D

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You can call a pig a horse, but it's still a pig.

8. bayareatiger

LOL :D

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He would have to change his name from Ed to Arnold

10. bayareatiger

I hereby vote that in honor of Arnold that Snorton should change his name to Snarnold.

WIIIIIIIIIILLLBBURRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Remember the episode of Green Acres when Arnold was a movie star and wore sunglasses and had his own swimmin' pool with a diving board?