Brady Lands Thomas.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by G_MAN113, Mar 31, 2004.

1. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Here's a suggestion. Maybe we can't land top recruits b/c we don't have a first or even second class program. And guess what, it's not the coach. It's us the fans. We don't support basketball or care about it and don't give me that crap about a poor schedule or bad coach. Real Fans support their teams through thick and thin.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I strongly disagree with you about blaming the fans instead of the coach and I would say that fans are fans almost everywhere and act the same.

For instance:
    As bad as the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Rockies have been the last 10 years fans don't pack the arenas like they did this year for the Nuggets.
    The Rockies finally get a 2nd baseman that can hit and they trade him away
    for a young kid that is no longer here who couldn't hit a beach ball.

The Rockies have made so many mistakes in trades that people quit buying season tickets and going to the games.

If these 2 organizations start winning fans will come so you could say it all depends on the Recruits and coaching in college.
    In pros it all depends on the GM's, Scouts and coaching.....

Blaming fans for this is just not correct, Its not the fans fault if Brady's recruiting class has gone to pot this year and it certainly isn't Dale Browns fault either.
    Its John Bradys, he is the coach and he is responsible for his program just like
    a GM and a coach is in the pros.

Look what happened to the Lakers when Dale Harris was coached compared to the same team that Phil Jackson took over.

AND

Looked what happened to an LSU football team under Nick Saban vs Dinardo with practically the same team.

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Saban averages at least 2-4K fans more per game than DiNardo did.

So all of us fans ARE responsible for the football NC this year!!!!! :D

Hell if championships were about fan support then the Niners, who had 30K in Candlestick (half full stadium) in '81 when they won it all, wouldn't have had a chance.

What about the World Champion Florida Marlins last year??????

Wasn't THEIR regular season attendance near the bottom of the league????

IF Y'ALL AREN'T BETTER FANS I'M GONNA MAKE SURE THAT THIS TEAM GOES DOWN IN FLAMES!!!

PS Lottery - Real fans offer constructive criticism (well, most do) instead of playing the Hayley Mills role in Pollyanna....

...sounds like you've got Ramah's glasses on!!!!! :D

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Saban won a few more games than Dinardo also

i don't understand what your saying?
    I don't get it?

I was referring to Lotterys post that is blaming the fans for not supporting the program when the true problem isn't the fans its the coaches and others
    responsible for the team.

You actually prove my point when you mention the Marlins...

The fans actually have nothing to do with the situation, its the coach, staff and everyone responsible for putting the team on the field.

If teams win fans will come, If teams lose fans will go

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I have a good enough memory to remember how that #1 class performed, too. They sure didn't live up to their billing.

He ain't here yet. And even if he does get here, there are no guarantees.

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Sourdough - I was agreeing with you 100%.

I wanted to let Lottery know that if fan support (i.e. attendance) was what it was all about, then DiNardo might have finished right behind Nick - and put a team in the Top 5...which we all know he didn't...

BUT BLIND FAITH WILL MAKE US GREAT...LIKE THE SAINTS... :dis:

7. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I remembered a few folks bashing the recruiting of Thomas. Did a little searching and... :)

Both Thomas and Temple are playing quite a few minutes and seem to be SEC caliber recruits. Anyone ready to eat some creaux? :grin:

8. ThePlumber

ThePlumber Freshman

I think we now know how.

9. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I will eat creux on Thomas because he has already turned out to be a heck of a player. Temple is a different story. If we have any gaurd play he does not see the floor. We really could use D.J.

10. Abita Bengal

Abita Bengal Founding Member

What we really need is a new (and better) coach