Brady leaving?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by G-MAN, Apr 23, 2003.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Can't find any mention of Brady in this article by ESPN's NCAA guru Andy Katz.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/columns/katz_andy/1543052.html

It would make no sense to me for Brady to leave LSU. Maybe the horrible disrepair of the PMAC could have some influence if he is actually considering leaving. From the Illinois games I've seen, they look to have decent facilities and alwalys have a packed house. Illinois also is a basketball first school judging by the activity on their fan forums.

2. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Has Chis Mortensen linked Saban to the Illinois basketball job yet?

3. -T-

-T- Founding Member

the story was on wafb news the other day. i think doucet said it came from andy katz. illinois will get a first rate coach. i wish they'd go after and hire brady, but that would go against my previous statement. i think thew sooner brady is gone, the sooner lsu basketball will be great again. brady is paid very very well for what is expected of him(and expectations aren't ever high by most fans or the adminstation) as it is and has highly touted recruits coming in anyway.

by the way,you don't need to try and act cool by making a brady is god or you're not an lsu fan post. its been done before.

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

No but I think Peter King bet a bowl of gumbo that Saban will be the next Illinois coach.

5. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

If in fact Illinois is going after Brady this shows that we in fact have a good coach. Why would Illinois go after Brady if they felt he was a crappy coach. They are a big powerhouse so to speak in college basketball. I think we do not give Brady enought credit. He can do things under very adverse conditions. How many coaches would stick out NCAA sancations for which were committed under a previous coaching staff. Brady had basically crap to work with the past few years and made something happen. We should be happy to have him here. I hope you know it takes more than a few years to build a national powerhouse. I say now as I have all along, I support Brady 100%

6. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I'm behind Brady 100% as well. I think he has done a great job even with the sanctions imposed on him. Remember the team he put together with Stromile and Jabari that did awesome in the NCAA tourney. He has had winning seasons despite the adversity he faced coming in. I think he is a good coach.

7. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

<<< No but I think Peter King bet a bowl of gumbo that Saban will be the next Illinois coach. >>>

LMAO!

8. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

any chance of sending "T" and his worthless cronies to Illinois instead? Oh my bad, I just read on the Illinois board that "T" is bad for Illinois basketball.

PS T... Raise and extension in a contract is what is in line for our basketball coach. Go find another pond to pee in.

9. ricky

ricky Freshman

Coach Brady said last night that he hasn't been contacted by Illinois and he and The Skipper are working on the details of his new contract. So the rumor mill can take a rest.