Brady recieving interest from N.C. State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Contained Chaos, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

It may turn out to be a lateral move financially, but I would give NCstate the nod when it comes to basketball tradition. In that department I would consider it a step up.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

It's all about leverage.... Even if Brady isn't interested in NC State--he's going to at least give the impression that he is.

After all, how many of us have done the same things in our own profession??? I'm going to go out on a limb and say, "all"...

I don't have a problem with other schools having interest in our head coaches--means we're doing something right (unless it's a school like ULM...then it means that the head coach isn't doing so hot...).

The only problem I have with any of our coaches being granted permission to speak with other programs is if it becomes an annual thing. Then, it's not exactly positive for LSU but rather a big distraction that could potentially hurt recruiting, etc. But if every 4-5 years or so, another major program wants to speak to a head coach at LSU, and it's nearing the end of their contract with us, then I have no problem with it.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

[​IMG]

Right. You prefer guys. I get it! :thumb:

4. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Just so you we're talking about apples to apples here, it is reported that NC State is able and willing to offer around $1.2M for it's coach. I hate to break it to folks, but it's not a "lateral" move financially (assuming of course that Skip doesn't up Brady's salary in a big way). Remember in the ACC, they care about their basketball more than their football. Basketball is king there, and the salaries show it.

Besides, NC State is probably looking for a "Duke beater!"

Although, I should also say that Brady refutes the fact that he's been contacted by NC State...

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/2594291.html

5. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

I say pay him a base salary of ZERO and a bonus of $500K per NCAAT win.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

But in the world of basketball (this year aside--if you're considering that 50% of the Final 4 field were SEC), over-all, the ACC is widely considered superior to the SEC--IMO, just like the SEC in football is considered better than the ACC.

So, IMO, where NC State may hold some value is that potentionally, even in an "off year" for them, they can still manage to get more national exposure just because they'll play games against traditional powerhouses (and media favorites) Duke, UNC and Wake Forest. In the SEC, sure, you have Florida that just won a National Title--but in the minds of people nation wide, when you think of SEC basketball, you really only think of Kentucky. Even Florida's National title is viewed by some as sort of a "fluke"--more of a "eh...they had one good year and won it all....they won't be anything special next year--or in 2 years."

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:rofl: Classic.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Florida winning the NC and LSU making the final 4 was huge for the SEC. This helps Brady's chances of getting what he deserves - more money and better backing from the administration.

If Brady does leave, I'm afraid Skip won't be looking for the cream of the crop. He doesn't want to pay "Nick Saban" money for a new coach.

9. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Hell he won't even pay "John Brady" money for a new coach

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

right, and everybody's just peachy with this. no need to pay a coach any money! look at all of the success we've had! administrators and coaches are exempt from criticism!