Brady still stumbling at recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BasileTiger, Mar 2, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I really glad that Brady doesn't pick my church league team for me as I've never had a player transfer, quit or get into a fight.

And to say that next year's recruiting class is going to be great is quite a stretch, we have one real good overweight player in that class. I'll wait a little while before I call it great.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

SD, grow some cajones dude. You change your stance on Brady every other post.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Don't give your opinion if you disagree with SabanFan, doesn't like it.

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Basile Tiger how can you sign players when the NCAA will not let then visit the campus.
    LSU did have Milsaps on their recruiting list early. I heard that he did not have the grades but you know how internet rumors grow.
    I don't know the true numbers but I would be willing to bet that LSU has had more basketball players graduate since Brady became head coach than the previous six years under Brown.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

SabanFan,

You can't blame a guy for bringing a little excitement to this board.
    It was a little boring around here for a little while.

But it definitely hasn't been boring for a couple of weeks and its
    not all ME:D

I hope any LSU coach does well!:shock:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I am like a superhero. I am The Protector of Brady. I am anointed by all that is good to speak up where injustice prevails. Don't cross SabanFan the Protector of Brady or you will be smited by the sceptor of truth. Beware. :shock:

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Hey...SabanFan...and anyone else who says, "Why blame, Brady, these guys quit..."

Isn't it also incumbent upon the head coach to recruit talented players he feels GOOD about on an emotional level? Ones that he feels have the temperment to play at this level while also putting up with him?

When does the buck truly stop? Is it the players, or is it the coach who brought them into his program to fail out, commit numerous acts of violence, assault teammates and loved ones, leave their teammates, have run ins with coach's, etc...

The root of the problem is the HEAD COACH who pulls the trigger on bringing these players in...If he is an evaluator of talent, and I do believe he is a great one...he is a PISS POOR risk taker...He has recruited questionable characters continually and placed them in positions where they are to be depended upon...

Enough already...Cut the bait.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

You sound like a villian fan complaining about Tubby after the Tigers stomped that a$$ last season.

By the way... sniff...sniff, I think I smell a rodent lurker.

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

So basically we want good character guys who are also excellent basketball players... and there is no reason to think guys like this would ever want to go to stable programs not on probation with outstanding facilities.

Brady's recruiting over the past few years is like trying to recruit on NCAA Football 2004 with minimal recruiting points. He couldn't offer visits unless he was almost sure the guy was going to sign. That means that he has to go after guys who are viewed as less desirable by other coaches with full resources.

IMO, his class last year will be the class will be the class that will eventually lead LSU back to the promised land. There are 5 solid players in the class with 4 of them likely staying atleast 3 years and 3 of them likely staying 4 years. They will be the core of good teams for the next few years.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Also, I had to laugh at the title of this thread. Didn't Brady just sign a consensus top 5 class? How can that be viewed as 'stumbling'???