Brady will probobly get 1 more year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigernut4, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

John Brady will likely be coaching his last year at LSU. But its also likely that he will get another year with Shwanson Johnson, a big 6 10" monster who sat out this year because of grades, and Jamie loreda, a 6 9" power foward out of a Florida Juco college. Touted as the best Juco player in the country. Mark Emmeret was a t UCONN when they won the men's and women's basketball championships. Look for Emmeret not put up with this and hire a big money coach like Saban

2. lsu_craig

lsu_craig Freshman

Hope your right...

I think Brady is dealing with a whole new ballgame with Bertman and Emmerit than Dean. I agree he'll get one more year but it's like the DiNardo debacle. The writing was on the wall the year before his firing and he still got another year....for what...to prove once again he couldn't get it done. I personally feel it's time this year and have since the start of the season. I'll promise one thing...if whatever players we sign, and everybody keeps talking about these guys coming next year....if Brady signed them, they are average at best. He can't recruit with or without NCAA probation. He'll never be able to bring in the quality of player to consistently compete in he SEC. Sorry but he's got to go....

3. Musicman

Musicman Freshman

Right On!

I think the men's basketball program is lagging far behind the football and the baseball program. I think it's time to go for a big name like Mike Krzyzewski. LSU has the funds to get whoever they need. There is no place for mediocrity here.

4. Tigernut4

another thing, Brady changes the uniform every year, to make it worse it is some uknown company that supplies the jerseys (southern bell sports i think) good teams are always a family (ex. The patriots) Brady critisizes his players, tells them its their fault they lost, their shoes are all different colors, a good team always has the same shoe(this years football team) the bags will be comin soon BRADY MUST GEAUX

5. Rouster

Rouster Freshman

I like Coach Brady, but I really believe that poor decisions in recruiting will be his downfall. In the time that he has been the coach he has never addressed the PG position. He continues to live in a dream land thinking that T.Bright is a PG. Bright makes too many stupid mistakes at critical times to be a PG. What about J. Young, I know that he has talent, but I hear that he is a head case. We gave him our only scholarship a couple of years ago and are getting nothing out of him. I say give him one more year and if he can't get it done, it's time to move on. I'm really disgusted by the way this team doesn't know how too close out games. I really believe that they may not win another game. That really hurts my heart to say that. I hope that I am wrong on that one.

6. CATiger

CATiger Guest

Brady can't recruit??

"He can't recruit with or without NCAA probation." ????

That's a very interesting assertion considering you've never seen him recruit "without NCAA probation."

I agree that we don't have the quality of talent to win games in the SEC and that's Brady's fault. To be fair though, if you are allowed to sign 3-6 guys and 1 or two of them turn out to be "headcases" or non SEC quality talent, no one really notices. If you get one shot and make a bad choice (are you going to tell me that none of us has made a bad choice or 2 in our lives?), all of a sudden you're an idiot who can't coach or recruit? I personally hope I don't get held to that kind of standard.

If you want to attempt to judge Brady's recruiting ability, I think you have to look at everyone that he's signed as approximately 2 full recruiting classes. If you're going to mention JuMichael Young as a "headcase," I want to bring up Stromile Swift and Ronald Dupree. And by the way, are you going to judge JuMichael Young by what he's done in less than 1/2 of a year of playing time? When I think back about the last few years, it seems to me that the players that LSU used that obviously did not belong on an SEC floor were walk-ons that Brady was forced to use.

This has gone on too long already but I just want to finish by saying that in 25 years of watching LSU basketball, I've never seen LSU teams, talented or not, play as hard and with more determination that Brady's teams have. I personally would love to see him get 2 years with full scholarships available. In my opinion he's proven that he can get the same level of effort from talented players that he gets from lesser talent. If that's true, LSU would make a significant mistake by giving up on Brady now.

Just my opinion.
    CATiger

7. Tigernut4

Rick Pitano at Kentucky won games with almost no scholarships,why cant Brady

8. Rouster

Rouster Freshman

I don't think that we can compare LSU to Ken. that wouldn't be fair to Brady. My problem with signing Young is that when you only have one Scholarship to give, you better make sure that you are getting someone who can contribute. He may turn out to be a fantastic player before it is over, but as of now he is none existing. I do however like the effort of this team and wouldn't have a problem with another year of Brady. I just don't know if he is the answer for this program. It looks to me that Brady may very well be another Dinardo.