Bradyball was ridiculous friday night

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by -T-, Nov 24, 2002.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If we won by 40 and it pissed me off that much I wouldn't go to the games.

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

T Iam glad you and Tuhoo

can give us a critique of the game each week because a lot of fans, such as myself, live out of state and don't get a chance to see many games. So keep those reports coming. In the entertainment game negative publicity is better than not publicity.

Tuhoo glad to see the you and Brady are in agreement. Brady said, " They made some baskets. Early on, South (Alabama) made some shots. But as the game wore on, we got a little closer to them. I think they may have gotten a little tired because they only rely on a couple guys to shoot it. We were able to wear them down a little and they started missing..."

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Let me chime in.

All right, let me first admit, I have NEVER been to an LSU home basketball game in the three years I have been a student. I'm sorry, my strategy has always been to load up my spring schedule so that I can enjoy football season to the fullest in the fall. You may now call me a sorry Tiger fan and stone me to death in the public square.

That said, I have often watched LSU basketball games on TV at home on the holidays. I do like basketball, it's my second favorite sport. The last three years, I have watched the one good Brady coached team (the 99-2000 squad with Stromile Swift and Jabari Smith) go to the Sweet 16 and the last two LSU teams struggle with scholarship reductions that I thought were unfair. I will say this. I respect John Brady and the job he is doing. I know he can coach and I know he can motivate, and he can win if he is given something to work with, the 99-2000 season proves that. The year after that, when we had only five scholarship players, we didn't have much to cheer about. But I saw something that convinced me this team was going in the right direction. Every game, our guys came out and gave 110% every second they were on the floor. They were tired, they were outnumbered, but they never quit, fighting, scratching, and clawing to the bitter end. I watched us in the SEC Tournament that year as we beat Georgia and played a very good Arkansas team to a standstill before finally running out of gas in the final two minutes. That kind of effort, and the effort from last year to make the NIT after a losing season seemed certain convinced me this team is a gold mine of potential.

Now, this is the year. It is Coach Brady's team. The scholarship reductions are gone. A Top 10 recruiting class is in. No more excuses, you all say, he wins now that he has a full roster. Well, there never have been excuses, and there won't be any this time if we don't win. That said, I think we will win, and we will go to the NCAA Tournament this year. I KNOW we can do it and I believe in this team.

Also, let's not forget the remarkable strides in academic progress the team has made. We have gone from a program with a 0% graduation rate to a program with a 3.5 team GPA and two graduate students on the roster. To me that is more important than 20 national championship banners hanging from the ceiling. Of course, I'm old-fashioned, I believe student-athletes are students first, but I digress on that point. I'm just proud of the team for their off-court achievements as much as on-court.

The season is young, there is plenty of ball left to be played. We will find out what this team is made of come December 21st when Arizona comes to town. I'm thinking about coming down to see that one. Depends on how Christmas is going back home.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I couldnt agree more, Jetstorm. Good post.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ditto

6. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

saw where MSU lost to ULaLa, Kentucky lost to virgina tonight, and Arkansas lost to Oral Roberts(??..not sure)

looks like we're not having such a bad "year" (pffft..to all the 2-0 doom and gloom people).

as you can see...sometimes it takes a little while to get rollin'. thats why you have these types of tournys.

im personally very excited about this season.