Brady's classic quote in the advocate today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Mar 13, 2004.

1. friday

friday Founding Member

"It seems that in my time at LSU, every time I seem to think I have it, something happens that I can't control," Brady said. "Injuries. Stromile Swift leaves. Two ACLs in one year. Collis Temple's foot. Then this bizarre situation."

This sounds like a coach that's looking for some sympathy. He speaks as though no other coaches go through injuries (look at SC, Uconn), have players leave (Drier) or players leaving early to the NBA (take your pick). Personally, I have no sympathy for people who publically whine about their misfortunes. LSU and Brady are not alone. The difference is other teams are resilient and fight through it. LSU just rolled over.

2. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Cry Baby Cry :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I am not ready to fire him just yet. But I am inching over to that side, slowly but surely. A few weeks ago, I was ready to take off someone's head for wanting Brady fired. Now, I am not so sure. I am willing to give him another chance, but it does bother me that this team wasn't able to cope. While Jaimie was a big loss, I would have hoped that we would have gelled better than this. Especially with the recruiting class we had along with some upperclass players like Hudson and Mitchell....

4. friday

friday Founding Member

Neither am I. I think he needs one more year with this class, hoping that none of these players leave. Then we get glenn davis and hope that these kids get tougher. after that, it's time to find a new coach and get this bb program back. something to breathe some life back into this sick program.

5. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

I agree the whining is old. I would have a lot more respect for the man when he takes responsibility for some of the actions. When is the last time Brady has ever taken responsibility for something that has happened.

He sure the hell needed to when he did the back flop and got T'ed up in the first South Carolina game. Just my opinion, but he costs LSU that game. No way should a coach get a T late in the game with your team has the lead - cardinal basketball sin.

Good coaches admit and take responsibility in the media to take the heat away from their team. John just does not do this.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Sure other teams suffer these type losses, but has any other team suffered these same losses each year for the last 4?

I don't know of anyone else.

To be expected to overcome these setbacks year after year is impossible and unrealistic. There are better coaches for sure, but I wouldn't expect the reslts to be any different.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Brady Quote
    "It seems that in my time at LSU, every time I seem to think I have it, something happens that I can't control," Brady said. "Injuries. Stromile Swift leaves. Two ACLs in one year. Collis Temple's foot. Then this bizarre situation."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    this should be a wake up call for everyone including Brady himself.
    It shouldn't be anything new for anyone that players have left early for the NBA for years and players do get hurt.
    No coach how good or bad he is can control injuries or people leaving the program but you would think Brady would have a clue that this happens to every program.
    You have to move on and be competitive when injuries happen and players leave, having said that the Kentucky game is the only game this team has
    played good in without Loreda.
    I don't ever remember Dale saying stuff like this when CJ left early or anyone else, Did
    coach Jim Boeheim from Syracuse complain and his team fall apart after loosing a freshman by the name of Carmelo Anthony?

You think he would've got a clue during the game and used a few timeouts yesterday
    or during the season to draw up a play or slow down the momentum when this team
    couldn't score or stop the other team.
    How many times in basketball do you see on tv when they call a timeout to draw up a play or slow the momentum of the game?
    To make those of you happy I'm officially against Brady now, I've made up my mind and
    unfortunately this is just not a good thing happening to the LSU basketball program.

Some of you need to read his quote here and see that he's in over his head!

BTW, players leave early in division 1 basketball, maybe they don't at Samford

8. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

Sounds like he's in "self-preservation" mode. I've never taken either side on this issue, but when you see a coach that refuses to take responsibility, it usually is the start of a viscious cycle. Sorry, but whether he's a good coach or not, I think his era is done.

9. MiketheTiger

MiketheTiger Founding Member

Quoting Sourghdoughman

"To make those of you happy I'm officially against Brady now, I've made up my mind and
    unfortunately this is just not a good thing happening to the LSU basketball program."

Quoting me

"To make those of you happy I'm officially against Sourghdoughman now, I've made up my mind and
    unfortunately this is just not a good thing happening to the Tigerforums message board program."

Your handle says it all, you are just "sour".

10. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

John Brady comes off as the Anti-Saban, doesn't he? Injuries...BOO HOO! Well, John, ole buddy, ole pal, you DID have CONTROL over recruiting depth to handle injuries, but you ran 3 players off in November. And, yes, John, it is YOUR FAULT that they left because you either:

1. Recruited guys with weak and/or selfish character.
    or
    2. Mishandled them like the blowhard you are and made them sick of you.

Cry me a river, Coach Brady.