Brady's classic quote in the advocate today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Gonzaga was on probation just like we were but I don't know if it was the same extent.

I will say this, Its alarming for a coach to take the credit when things are good but don't take the blame when things go bad.

BTW, Your the type of person, I'm willing to bet won't repond to responses about your post.

Bad parents?
    How do you compare that?
    Parents and kids have NO Choice who thier parents are, coaches have a choice of recruiting certain kids or not.

Brady has NO Control over some of his kids because he recruits thugs like
    Lloreda and Shawnee Johnson and whoever that kid from Utah was....

Thats what killed this team more than injuries this year.....
    Johnson is why there isn't any depth down low and the kid from Utah isn't coming here now so thats another player down low we don't have unless
    he finds some Juco kid

Everybody wonders why we have NO DEPTH?
    How many people have now left this program, end of story

imagine how many games we might've had a chance to win if we had some of those players around here, Lloreda's injury and loss wouldn't have been so
    devestating, you should NEVER have to rely on 1 player that much.
    Especially when he's a kid with bad character that you can't trust.
    Have we learned our lesson well this year on these kind of kids?
    Where is TE, he's been right on the money all the time.

See Bradys latest quote

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

No tygertail. There was such adversity because the previous coach screwed things up royally. That is why Brady was charged with competing in the SEC with only a partial roster. What I fail to see is how the injuries that further shrinked the team became Brady's fault. What I fail to see if how these kid's bad decisions are Brady's fault. Still looking for an explanation there. "Brady recruited them" does not exempt them from free will. I know that I made my choices differently my freshman year of college than I did 4 years later. I'm trying really hard to understand how Brady is at fault for that one. Were there no discipline on LSU's Men's basketball team, Gipson, Lloreda, etc. would all still be members so any argument that there is none, is moot and ignorant. You can make a better argument that the Head Coach has some control over a teenager's free will.

I better see some trashing of Saban here real soon about Trev and Damien before I start giving any legitamacy to such rants about Brady. Every single one of you remind me of longtime Saints fans that have nothing better to say than "They're the Saints. They'll alwas suck."

3. Sourdoughman

What I fail to see if how these kid's bad decisions are Brady's fault. Still looking for an explanation there. "Brady recruited them" does not exempt them from free will. I know that I made my choices differently my freshman year of college than I did 4 years later. I'm trying really hard to understand how Brady is at fault for that one.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minor has a bad reputation for example and Brady recruited him...
    Most of these kids including Lloreda have a background and reputations.
    Brady is taking a chance with some of these recruits, its America and maybe they should be given a second chance but its hurting Bradys program.

If your an employer
    Are you going to hire mostly kids with a bad rap and kids that have no discipline or
    are you going to hire kids with good backgrounds and have discipline.

Its as simple as that, its not hard to look in anyones background no matter what the
  4. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

and who broke a teammates jaw in practice over the summer?

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I've hired enough people to know that sometimes their previous employer is the reason for their actions. That being said, Minor has been here a year. Until Brady sends him packing, he's not a problem.

Too many people are jumping the gun and that is my point. What Brady has said is true: If it's not one thing, it's another. I completely sympathize with the guy because of all the problems. I don't see many coaches doing as well as he has done with the same problems.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

are we really gonna be critical of brady for recruiting minor? this guy can be wild, he can play out of control, but so far he has played hard, and been a loyal LSU kid. i like him, and i like his future alot.

7. Sourdoughman

Maybe you missed my point or don't want to acknowledge it?
    Minor isn't the problem yet, I used him as an example only.

Lloreda, Johnson, and whoever Bradys recruited that have reps are the problem

God people, I didn't criticize Minor, I just used him as an example of a player
    that was recruited with a background

UNREAL

Martin, I see :D

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i was actually responding to this statement by jwho:

"Signing problem guys like Lloreda, Ford, and Minor along with recruiting mistakes like Bridgewater and Whipple are a coach' fault."

i wouldnt call minor a "problem".

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

sourdough,

i think you and i are on the same wavelength

10. Sourdoughman

Scary thought huh?
    I have some people around here that agree with me