Brady's classic quote in the advocate today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

YES, I AM going to criticize Brady for recruiting Minor! The leading scorer in the state of Louisiana last year was Bo Lester McCalebb. He is a super quick and athletic PG who led the state in scoring in Class 5A for O.P. Walker at 32 points a game. He chose UNO over Oklahoma State (you know, TOP 10-ranked, Big 12 Champion Okie State) because he wanted to stay "close to home." So, Brady could have easily had Bo if he recruited him, BUT he chose to go to Houston for a KNOWN HEADCASE, instead! Bo hung 17 on LSU off the bench in their meeting earlier this year. I have watched Bo play all year long, and I can assure you that he IS and WILL BE a better player than Minor.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

assumptions in your post:

1. getting minor means we can't have this other kid
    2. this kid was not hellbent on going to UNO
    3. we didnt try to get him
    4. he is better than minor

when you say things like "Brady could have easily had Bo if he recruited him"" you lose credibility, because you don't know that, and couldnt possibly know that.

3. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Here are the FACTS, Martin:

1. We only had so many scholaships to give. We had to fill certain positions with said scholarships, so we decided to sign ONLY ONE point guard.
    2. McCalebb made a very late decision to go to UNO since he was torn about playing in a big time conference versus staying close ot home for family to see him play.
    3. He was NOT recruited by LSU...FACT.
    4. Bo IS better than Tack.

He would have jumped at the chance to fulfill both playing at home and in a major conference, but he had to choose between the two because LSU didn't offer him.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

sounds to me like somebody is a magical genie and knows what thoughts are in people's minds!

5. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Or I have talked to him personally. Too bad you didn't know that before you spouted off, huh?

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

or you are going to say you have talked to him personally! which is just as good for message board's sake right!

7. LSUterrill

LSUterrill Founding Member

I feel he gets one more year to step the program up with this class also...... If next season we get the same ole, same ole..... It will be without a doubt, time for a new coach.......

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!!!

Terrill :tigerhead :bball: :tigbas: :helmet:

8. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Martin, I do not care whether you believe me or if you love Brady with a passion. Neither matters to me; only the truth does. Oh, and let's quit the back-and-forth thing now since we are both just Tiger fans who want to win. Fair enough?

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

sure, another argument won by me!

10. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

If it makes you happy....