Brady's classic quote in the advocate today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Mar 13, 2004.

1. LSU85

LSU85 Freshman

What he said.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Brady Bashers all have one thing in common. None of them ever learned to lose with class. They are the type that go after the umpire when their 5 year old gets called out at home in T-Ball. :cry: :cry: :cry:

3. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

He scored 17 on us before he was even made the full-time starter (which would have happened much sooner if he had not been replacing a 4 year starter at the point). Bo scored 31 in a double OT game in the FIRST game of the tourney and another 19 in the semifinal. After 2 straight games including double OT, you think he was tired against ULL playing for the 3rd straight day? Could be.

4. SabanFan

Yeah, but he's still in the Sun Belt. Their regular season and tournament winner can do no better than a 14 seed? I watched him against ULL in the finals. There were better players at the Top 28.

5. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

You are wrong about McCalebb as you will see as his career unfolds. There is a good reason why Okie State wanted him so badly.

6. SabanFan

McCalebb is a good player. The whole point was that you are blaming Brady for taking Tack Minor and not McCalebb. I'm just saying if Tack played in the Sun Belt he would be putting up better numbers. I'm ready for some baseball.

7. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

I am not buying that Minor would be doing much better because he doesn't play under control no matter who the competition is. Bo plays much more controlled and is a more natural distributer at the point. I think taking the state's leading score and a fabulous athlete with no history of discipline problems is much more logical than going otuside the state for a known headcase.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, this is all based on the premise that this kid wanted to come to LSU, which is based on jwho's supposed inside information.

besides, tack has not been a headcase at LSU. he has played hard.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

That is the most inane, wildly illogical statement I've read in my time here...save for anything Ramah posts...

To say that one cannot be a fan of LSU Basketball and at the same time be AGAINST John Brady is total bull****. Plain and simple. Anyone who says that is just plain old ignorant. I can LOVE Tack Minor or Darrell Mitchell, Jr., or Darnell Lazarre, etc...and be a TOTAL detractor of John Brady.

Yet another fan - MikeTheTiger - who cannot separate the COACH from the program, and who can't see the forest for the sake of the tree he finds so beautiful.

The next statement about Emmert and Bertman that was made...Well, I'll say this...

BET ME ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT JOHN BRADY DOES NOT GET EXTENDED OR ROLLED OVER THIS YEAR. ANY AMOUNT YOU WISH TO WAGER.

He won't be, even though in the past, when reaching the NIT in spite of "harrowing trials and tribulations" he constantly whines over, he was rolled over and extended.

The Administration is NO fan of John Brady, and of that you can be sure. Bertman-as well as Emmert-have in no uncertain terms reprimanded him from time to time, and Emmert has heard players from Stromile Swift to Jaime Lloreda complain to him privately behind closed doors about everything from his personality to his practices.

The Administration will NOT extend him because if they wouldn't have made a silly five year extended rollover in the first place, they would be firing John Brady-IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE NIT.

To not roll him over for the same results he's achieved for the 2nd time in 3 years smacks of a "lack of support" or a "vote of no confidence". Basically a "put up or shut the hell up" ultimatum. If you take it any other way, again, your credibility-if you have any to begin with-is SHOT.

Coach bashing does not hurt recruiting. A lack of asses in the seats of the PMAC does. Jumping on your back at USC and costing us a W against an NCAA bound team does. Riding your players does. Running off 14 in 7 years does. Running off three in one year does. Blaming Thomas Davis in a post game press conference after losing a tight one against Georgia at home does. Going off on wild tangents and allowing the media to see you sweat, and notice the chinks in your armor does.

ALL that hurts recruiting...Selling out for Jaime and then having Jaime sell you right back out is just deserts, and you get what you pay for...and Brady cost himself much more than just a late season flameout and hot water when he allowed Lloreda to get back on the team...He cost the LSU program BIG MONEY...and I'll leave it at that...

John Brady does more damage to recruiting than any fan bashing of him could do on its own...Gimme a break!

Jaime Lloreda did QUIT on his team...and John Brady is the SOB that brought him onto the team, who did NOTHING to discipline him when he was elbowing players in the head, throwing elbows, and then sucker punching teammates...John Brady-THE COACH-is RESPONSIBLE for bringing players who sell this team out into the team atmosphere...So, it's not the PLAYER, the buck ultimately stops with the COACH...

John Brady's failure as a character recruiter has cost this LSU program immeasurably...

Bottom line to the Brady Butt Munch Bunch Apologist Legions...The man you all said, "Wait till he gets his full allottment of scholarships...Watch and see!" has run off all but ONE of his first class when he had that allottment...

ALL BUT ONE.

He complains...He blames...but, does anyone know what it's all really about?

Personal accountability...and name me ONE SINGLE TIME where's he's displayed to his team what that's all about?

10. SabanFan

How long have you been holding that in, TE?