Brady's new contract

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Jul 13, 2006.

1. mpadow

mpadow Founding Member

The slew of players who have transfered in the last couple of years, the fact that Bradie benched the 2nd pick overall pick in the draft for the second half of the UCLA game. We forget real easy how he threw in the towel for the UAB game. He has had 2 good years and the rest have been average to below average.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

If you're gonna bash the man, at least spell his freakin' name right. :dis:

DB.

3. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

This is a little bit of jumping on an old thread, but didn't see it until today.

I'll say that when the contract was announced, I was a little surprised, not b/c it was too high, but honestly I thought it was low.... now you can debate whether you believed Brady "deserved" this because of his prior years' performance, but you cannot ignore the fact that relative to the other SEC coaches, the man went from being the 8th highest SEC coach to the ... sixth?

At $900k per, he's still paid less than Tubby, Billy D, Gottfried at Bama, and Pearl at UTenn. I think he's right there or still getting paid less than Kevin Stallings at Vandy. So, before we bash his getting paid too much, let's ask what Brady relative to these guys. Pearl got a raise from UT for getting them back to the tourney. Vandy's all excited about Stallings getting them to the Sweet 16 a few years back. Gottfried's never been to the final four.

Brady in some ways is showing that he really wants to be at LSU by taking this contract. He also got raises for all of his assistants. I think Butch may be one of the highest paid assistants in the SEC. So, kudos to the staff for staying with this program--they deserved the raise.