brady's soapbox is bigger than gottfried's?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JETigER, Mar 10, 2004.

1. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

i have no idea how to spell the alabama coach's name but his soapbox is playing the toughest shedule in america

bradys soapbox is he is in the elite of his conference because he has a bye in the conference tournament.

a bye in the conference tournament equals an elite team.

having the toughest schedule doesnt equal an elite team

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

What are you saying?

What does this have to do with us playing a game on Friday? Are you insinuating that Brady's more concerned with Bama's chances of getting a bid over us to the big dance than he is with our upcoming game?

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think he was just saying that Brady has a better reason to state that LSU deserves to be in the NCAA's due to finishing second in the west than Bama's coach stating they played the hardest schedule in the nation.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

LSU and Alabama finished with the same record in conference and I know we win 2nd
    place in the west by default because we beat Bama twice.

Having said that I don't see how Alabama can be left out of the dance because they only have 2 more losses than LSU and they played a much tougher schedule overall.
    Maybe I'm from the old school but why the hell do we have out of conference schedules for and why are the seasons so long in all of sports if strength of schedule doesn't matter.

IMO you have to reward teams with winning records especially when they have a brutal schedule.

If strength of schedule doesn't matter lets skip the out of conference schedules we don't need them!

5. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I agree 100%

of course we beat BAMA both times we played them this year!

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Don't be so dramatc! Why do you think OC SOS doesn't matter? It does, that's why Bama will likely get in. But you just don't let a team in because they have the #1 SOS--they do actually have to win some games. Bama played a tougher schedule than LSU, but we have a better record, the same SEC record and we swept them. So, up til now, at worse we are even with them. I actually think that head to head games should count a lot when comparing two teams. This is why I'm positive that LSU will get in, barring horrible conf tourn for LSU and finals for Bama.