Brando announces he's leaving CBS...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Jan 14, 2014.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@red55 Good to see ya again, red!

There's a lot of shuffling right now.

Did you see where Fox is adding Jim Ross (that one of WWF/WWE fame) to their list of on-air talent and correspondents? With Clay Travis already a part of their crew I don't see them doing anything but falling further behind in the ratings. And they absolutely were horrible, ratings wise, this past football season.

It's pretty sad when you launch something as big as they did and it gets lower ratings than the Speed channel.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Looks like SECN is using their model as a template for the new network. I can't think of anyone they could pick worse than muffburger. They'll have SEC fans changing the channel to a pac12 game before halftime. I rather see rosanne barr and rosie o'donnell calling the game.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I've no issues with Musburger's announcing. In fact, very few bother me. Matt Millen certainly can. Ron Franklin has said some pretty stupid things. They're "B-list" guys, if that, so I don't run across them that often.

Heck, I'd dare say 90% of the time I'm not listening to what they have to say anyway.

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

How DARE you. I for one will be fully watching Fox to see the great Jim Ross.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Hmmm, that Clay Travis guy. Cant figure out why a Gump would think so low of him...

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Hmmm, there you go making an assumption, again.

I've got a lot of respect for what Clay has done with his website. He's launched a blog and within a matter of a few years created a lot of traffic, elevated himself to become a frequent guest on radio, and now landed a gig with Fox Sports.

He's in the same boat as Finebaum. Paul is great at what he does. The way he goes about it, like Clay, leaves a lot to be desired.

Paul separates himself from Clay in a few areas.

Paul doesn't put things out there that are flat out wrong. Clay has done so, repeatedly.

When Paul "breaks" a story he does so through his own friends and sources. Clay, fed by fans, puts things out there without bothering to substantiate its truth.

Here's a huge separating point.

Paul has some of the best interviews on radio. If you separate the callers segments and just listen to his guests, you'll find a lot of quality.

Clay is considered a joke by those he wishes he could call his peers—"a blundering idiot" is how I recently heard one of the ESPN personalities covering college football recently describe him.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Only a gump would see quality in anything finebaum blows out of the ass vent on his face. His toothless listeners fit him perfectly. If they made it illegal to listen to a radio in a trailer he would have no listeners. He's a total joke everywhere except the gump nation.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You seem bitter. Is everything alright?

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Especially since he has never been an SEC guy anyway. He is a big 10/Pac12 honk.

10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Well this thread has been completely derailed for me because now whenever I think of Fox Sports I imagine Jim Ross calling a football game and they all end with him yelling, "Did you see that hit!? I think they killed him!"

It's either going to be a train wreck or awesome. Or maybe both.

kcal and shane0911 like this.