Brandon Bass still weighing his options

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger1958, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Bass was a big part of LSU's success this season, averaging 17.3 points per game (third best in the SEC), 9.1 rebounds (2nd in the SEC) while leading the league in field goal shooting at 56.7 percent. He scored in double figures in 27 of 30 games with 12 double doubles.

The Tigers finished the season 20-10 overall and 12-4 in the SEC. After shaking off early-season problems, LSU tied for the SEC Western Division title.

"We're going to have a good team next year no matter what," LSU coach John Brady said. "But we have an opportunity to have an outstanding team, perhaps the best we've had, if he does return."

The Tigers would have a much better chance of making a run in the conference and the NCAA tournament next season if Bass returned, Brady said.

"That's what I'm thinking about now," Bass said. "Next year is an important season for the Tigers."

http://www.nola.com/sportsflash/lsu...ts-7/111402839974661.xml&storylist=lsu_sports

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Hey Brandon, would you stay for a Scooby snack ?

3. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Brady thinks if Bass leaves they will still have a good team. I just don't see it that way.

4. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

what is the drop-dead date for the decision. I think he should come back because he won't even go in the first round if he goes. If he goes in the second round, he probably will not even make a team. Maybe another year will help him and there won't be so many players available at his position as there are this year. He should really think about sticking til his senior year when the NBA moves to bar players under 20. His value would increase plenty by then. He seems like a great kid, so I hope the best for him whatever he chooses.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I believe that May 14th is the date he has to decide by. If he does not sign with an agent, and opts to withdraw he must do so by June 21st. The draft is on June 28th.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

if i remember correctly, he doesnt have the option of withdrawing from the draft since he did so last year.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

that is correct. its a one-time option.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Gotya. So we will know by May 14th at the latest.