Brandon Jacobs leaving Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Feb 20, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Welcome to the board zgarner. Just dont forget where you are at. This is THE Tiger board and not the tigger forum your use to. I dont know if the LSabanU was meant to be a funny or not, maybe you can clear that up. Dont come over tellin us what we can or cannot say on our champions board. You are basically in hostile territory.
    Once again, Welcome.

2. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

I think his LSabanU comment was made to point out the way you guys talk about the man. I mean hello, there are days when you guys come across like Saban is right up there with Jesus. But thats just my observation, Im sure it wasnt meant as trashing you. But dhead, would never give an AU fan the benefit of the doubt. :D

War Damn Eagle!!

3. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Well, we can understand your jealousy about LSU having Saban, you know considering that AU has Tubby who basically couldn't coach his way out of his own underpants after standing in a rain storm. If I was you, I'd be careful about talking coaches on this board.

War Chicken? Seriously?

4. MEW4thTiger

MEW4thTiger Founding Member

i once saw him walk on water....i believe the date was Jan. 4th 2004, and it started somewhere around 7pm and lasted for 60 min.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Uh, . . . Morgan, Nick has two SEC championships and a national championship in four years. He's the best college coach in these here United States. Are you actually surprised that we're proud of him? How would you act if he was your coach?

This is the wrong site and the wrong year to put down Nick Saban.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Guys...He ain't givin an inch, and neither are we...

Welcome to the board, zgarner, and here's hoping you are as well behaved as some of your other Aubie friends here on the Forum...

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

First off, I was referring to his stupid decision to go to Auburn and it was, look at what is happening now, he should have went somewhere where they didn't have 2 great RB's with 2 years left when he only had 2 years to play, if just had to be a running back. Second, we do love Saban, no doubt about it, and I can go to your site and see much love for CTT as he is affectionally called over and over, even though he hasn't done too much since arriving there.

The other thing is it is really nice to see some Auburn posters come over here and get treated so nice after going to their board and seeing what they do to us when someone goes over there and tries to discuss something, all they do is call us corndogs and worse. And if you read their other threads they are turning on each other really viciously, like rabid chickens.

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Jacobs was betting on the come. Most believed that ether Caddy, Ronnie, or both would petition for the NFL draft. And there was a strong likelihood that at least one of them would. Gotta be CTT's best recruiting job - getting them to stay. If that had happened, Jacobs was expecting to be the man in '04.

But the contrarians among the Auburn family believe Carl Stewart is ready to challenge this season, and not just for third string. Additionally, incoming signee Brad Lester is a fine talent out of Atlanta.

Was Jacobs stupid? I doubt it, it's just that hindsight is 20/20.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I,ve seen Lester play for Parkview, he's a good one but his team was dominate, as on most carries he didn't get hit for 5-7 yards. But he is big, strong and fast and from everything I've heard a great kid.

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Me too. He was spectacular in several games for Parkview for the past 2 seasons. He prolly needs to bulk up a bit though. His frame will carry another 15-20 lbs without slowing him down and I think that's what the staff has in mind. I've also heard that he might get a look at LB or Safety, but don't know if that will happen soon.