Brandon Mouton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Apr 7, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Tomorrow's Daily Fertilizer (the Lafayette fishwrap) will run a feature on Texas BB player Mouton. Supposedly the article will detail his career at UT and the wonderful glorious run to the final four. Personally, I could not care less and would not read the article unless he went to a state school. But that's just me.

2. roussel_10

roussel_10 Founding Member

whoa

Don't be mad at a kid because he went to an out of state school with a better basketball program; he's pretty good, I don't blame him.

3. SabanFan

I'm not mad at the kid. I just don't give a damn about him.

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Saban Fan,

Is Steven Wright the guy who also said "I have a friend whose this tall [holds fingers about an inch apart], he poses for trophies.

5. roussel_10

roussel_10 Founding Member

?

so why even bother to post about him?

yeah that was Stephen Wright; he knows the guy who poses for all the trophies.

6. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i agree with him. i dont think the La media should do write ups about the people who leave the state. i know shreveport was all up arnez battle and nd's ass a few years ago...sickening (same thing now with alana beard).

hey, if they want to leave..thats fine...but i dont want to read about them (as far as sports go). let some other paper write about you (in this case austin).

the thing about "going to a better program" is that if the best of the state went to LSU....then LSU would be the better program. could you imagine LSU teams with the likes of Alana Beard (to go with the rest of this years squad), Hollis Price, Chris Duhon, Marcus Fizer, Kerry Kittles (and all of those other St Aug greats)....if LSU could start getting the best La players every year (much like the football team is doing now)...then we would be in the final four on a regular basis.

7. SabanFan

Exactly!

Ditto, ditto and...DITTO!!

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

A little off topic

I was just wondering if I'm the only person who thinks Duhon is way overrated. I admit I've only seen Duke play maybe 5 times this year but Duhon doesn't impress me. He'll hit the long 3 every once in awhile but doesn't do the little things like most Duke players. Wasn't he the top high school player in the nation a few years ago? He also doesn't seem to possess a whole lot of athletic talent. I wouldn't think anyone would draft him for the next level.

I don't begrudge B. Mouton at all and might even be interested in reading about his journey to Texas. I think the fact that he went to STM makes it acceptable to write a story about him in Lafayette. I'm just glad they didn't win it all.

9. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I was disappointed that Mouton and Hollis Price did not choose to attend LSU but I understand why, probation.
    We have hope now because Butch Pierre seems to be able to sign Louisianas best.

Duhon was not the highest rated player in the nation, maybe he was the highest rated point guard.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm pretty sure Duhon was Gatorade Player of the Year (or one of the big ones) but of course that doesn't mean he was the highest rated player like you said. I don't think this year's LSU team would be much different if you replaced Bright with Duhon. However, I think they would've been a top-10 team if you replaced Bright with Hollis Price (JMO). At least with the probabtion behind us now, we can start to recruit the best talent around. Now we just need a respectable PMAC.