Brandon Mouton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Apr 7, 2003.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I rememeber Duhon was rated the number 6 prospect in the nation by CBS...

2. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I hate to disagree, but local kids going elsewhere and succeeding is newsworthy and worth publishing.

I think we forget the fact that not every Louisiana kid is recruited to LSU.

I think we forget the fact that there are only so many scholarships that LSU can offer, particularly in a sport like basketball.

Another thing to remember is that LSU, as an educational institution, isn't on par with the likes of Duke, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc.

Louisiana produces more professional athletes per capita than any other state. There are bound to be plenty of LA athletes succeeding elsewhere.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hey, some of the posters on this thread need to grow up. Recruiting at the Divsion I level is national. We win some and lose some. Should Alabama and Auburn fans dis Ja Marcus Russell? Should Texas and A & M fans dis Matt Flynn? Shaq played high school basketball in San Antonio. Chris Jackson was from Gulfport. I didn't want to see Warrick Dunn or Travis Minor choose Florida State over LSU but I wish them well in their careers. Duhon, Hollis Price, Brandon Mouton, Byron Mouton who played for Maryland last year would have all helped make LSU a better team but the Tigers were on probation when these guys made their choices. Keith Smart, the guy from Baton Rouge who made the game winning shot in the 1987 NCAA championship game in the Superdome is now the head coach for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Should the local media refuse to run that story because he didn't play for LSU? Whether a Louisiana native played for LSU or not I wish them well and like to see news of any success they may have. I will make an exception to this only for Lester Earl. Whenever I saw him in a game for Kansas I was always hoping that he would break his leg

4. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

hey, i never said that i hated the kids that go elsewhere or hold grudges against them....no, thats not it

i said....i dont care to read about them. they dont have anything to do with LSU or any other in state school...so I personally dont have any interest in reading an article about them....just like they dont want to read an article about me. nothing personal towards them....i just dont find them interesting.

however i do want to read about the likes of Jamarcus Russel and Matt Flynn because they DO have something to do with La and LSU now.

the problem i do have is of local medias that jump up the butts of schools like texas,notre dame, and duke...just because a local kid plays ball there (and yes, these kids were offered by LSU..thank you very much). especially when there are more kids from that area that toughed out hard times and went to their state school (instead of jumping on the notre dame, fsu, texas bandwagon) to show pride and represent their state.

in the end...its the kids choice...he should do whats best for him, but that doesnt mean i want to hear about it every time i turn on the news or open up daily paper.

see how it works??